What made you smile recently?

Discussion in 'The CookingBites Cafe' started by creative, 22 Apr 2017.

1. Lullabelle

Lullabelle Midlands, England

Oops, yes sorry, should have been a bit clearer :laugh: :giggle:

morning glory likes this.
  2. rascal

rascal Über Member

They've just banned plastic bags at the super markets. Now it's material ones .

Russ

3. Lullabelle

Never let an eye doctor cut up your cocaine, the first line is really big then they get smaller and smaller...

rascal and Yorky like this.
  4. morning glory

morning glory Obsessive cook Staff Member

5. detroitdad

detroitdad Senior Member

6. Lullabelle

rascal likes this.
  7. Lullabelle

8. Yorky

Yorky Uncomfortably numb Recipe Challenge Judge

9. I'm not bothered about the lettuce, but the insulin and blood products could be a bit of a drag.

It makes me smile to think that a good percentage who voted for Brexit did so to stop the free movement of Europeans, being sold the lie that leaving the EU meant no more immigration. The opposite is true, immigration must be maintained to supply the labour Britain needs, so fewer Europeans means more brown people, many of which are likely to be Muslim.

Not exactly what the Xenophobes and bigots voted for, but what they are going to get. That makes me chuckle.

epicuric likes this.
  10. rascal

rascal Über Member

Vc, my take on Brexit is that the Brits never really thought it through and just. Voted, then when thy realised the costs, they want it changed. I never did understand voting for it. Crazy. Just my opinion.

Russ

epicuric likes this.
  11. Lullabelle

The thing is, your average Joe has no idea what being in the EU is about so the greedy MPs and racists took advantage and lied, it is only now a lot of things are coming to light (what is the Irish backstop?) that people are now starting to realise it is way more complicated than was originally sold to us.

epicuric and rascal like this.
  12. rascal

rascal Über Member

My take completely !

Russ

Lullabelle likes this.
  13. epicuric

epicuric Veteran Staff Member

There is a certain irony here. We have always had control of our non-European borders, but have chosen not to control them. Immigration from outside the EU has outnumbered immigration from within the EU for quite a few years, so what do the Brexiteers expect will happen?

14. CraigC

CraigC Über Member

The meal we had at our new favorite Northern Italian restaurant last night.

15. Lullabelle

This afternoon in Sainsburys, I had bought 2 nightshirts and a pair of slippers, when the guy at the till picked up the blue nightshirt I commented to my husband 'that will look nice on you' the till guy replied 'it brings out his eyes' :laugh:

morning glory and rascal like this.