What made you smile recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It once happened, on a certain day, a bull and a pheasant were grazing on the field. The bull was grazing on the grass, the pheasant was picking ticks off the bull; they are partners, you know?
Then the pheasant looked at a huge tree which was at the edge of the field, and very nostalgically said, "Alas, there was a time when I could fly to the top most branch of the tree, but today I do not have the strength even to fly to the first branch of the tree"
The bull very nonchalantly said, "That's no problem! Eat a little bit of my dung every day, you will see, within a fortnight's time you will reach the top of the tree."
The pheasant said, "Oh, come off it! How is that possible?"
The bull replied, "Really, please try and see. The whole humanity is on it, you could try, too."
Very hesitantly, the pheasant started pecking at the dung, and lo, on the very first day it reached the first branch of the tree. In a fortnight's time, it reached the topmost branch of the tree. It just went and sat on the topmost branch and just enjoyed the scenery. The old farmer saw a fat old pheasant on the top of the tree. He took out his shotgun and shot him off the tree. So the moral of the story is: even bullshit can get you to the top, but never lets you stay there.

Funny but deep.

A page from Old Married Life:

MrsT and I were sitting around this afternoon, 4PM-ish, enjoying a cup of tea, when I observed through the living room window a car come tearing into our driveway.

“Quick,” I exclaimed, “There’s someone pulling up to the house!”

As she was dressed merely in a very thin t-shirt (stretched to its thinnest by her…uncontained spirit, we’ll go with that) and sweat pants, and I in an appropriately-festive gold-and-green tattersall shirt under a burgundy pullover, some barely-there underwear (and nothing else), we dashed about the room, colliding frequently, while she searched for a robe of some sort and I struggled to pull on some jeans, managing to fall down twice in the process.

Finally decent, if not terribly mismatched, she flung open the door to see who could possibly be visiting us, and it was…an Amazon delivery.

“What the hell are you doing in a regular car,” I snapped, “where’s your delivery van?!”

“Privately contracted driver. Uh…okay, bye!”

“Man, he was off like a shot, must have a lot more to drop off before he can go home.”

“That, or…,” said MrsT, as she cast her eyes downward, noticing the gold-and-green shirttail waving like a holiday flag from the unzipped fly of my trousers.

I'm finally having eye surgery done tomorrow to remove the cataract from the right eye!! Haven't been able to see out of it for 2 years!! Everything is so blurry! It should be good in a couple of days!! Had it done on the left eye 2 years ago. The diabetes center kept on playing games, claiming that I owe them a copay from eons ago, so I'm having it done some place else. :whistling:

I'm finally having eye surgery done tomorrow to remove the cataract from the right eye!! Haven't been able to see out of it for 2 years!! Everything is so blurry! It should be good in a couple of days!! Had it done on the left eye 2 years ago. The diabetes center kept on playing games, claiming that I owe them a copay from eons ago, so I'm having it done some place else. :whistling:
Good luck! MrsT had both her eyes done a few years ago with great success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom