What made you smile recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would imagine those males are very happy, if you know what I mean. :wink:

CD

Do you think that they care what colour their mate is? Or even notice?

Dogs don't appear to have preferences.

Do you think that they care what colour their mate is? Or even notice?

Dogs don't appear to have preferences.

Oh, breeders are VERY careful about mating, at least in the US. If only one in 3,000 are males, a breeder is going to keep that male busy with only the same exact breed.

Purebred dogs and cats are worth a lot of money. Animal shelters are full of mixed breeds.

CD

Oh, breeders are VERY careful about mating, at least in the US. If only one in 3,000 are males, a breeder is going to keep that male busy with only the same exact breed.

Purebred dogs and cats are worth a lot of money. Animal shelters are full of mixed breeds.

CD

I was thinking more from the cat's or dog's point of view. Left to their own devices.

CD
I'm not sure it works with tortoiseshell cats because they are not actually any specific breed, but are already a crossbreed. And crossing 2 crossbreed tortoiseshell cats isn't necessarily going to result in another tortoiseshell. It's complicated (from what little I understand of it. I'm better with genetics in chickens! )

From what little I understand, tortoiseshell is a colour variation, not a breed. There are many breed combinations that will result in a tortoiseshell cat.

I'm not sure it works with tortoiseshell cats because they are not actually any specific breed, but are already a crossbreed. And crossing 2 crossbreed tortoiseshell cats isn't necessarily going to result in another tortoiseshell. It's complicated (from what little I understand of it. I'm better with genetics in chickens! )

Which begs the question - do chickens actually notice what their mate looks like?

Which begs the question - do chickens actually notice what their mate looks like?
With a ratio of 20 hens to 1 rooster... roosters do pick favourites though and individual girls did get over-mated and often need protectors over their wings from where the rooster rides them causing extensive feather damage and loss of feathers around the top of their comb. So I guess if they are picking favourites, then yes they do notice!

With a ratio of 20 hens to 1 rooster... roosters do pick favourites though and individual girls did get over-mated and often need protectors over their wings from where the rooster rides them causing extensive feather damage and loss of feathers around the top of their comb. So I guess if they are picking favourites, then yes they do notice!

Our dog Kate used to have this annoying habit of dashing in front of us…then abruptly stopping, looking up over her shoulder to make sure we were still there, then walking three steps, stopping, looking up over her shoulder…

She was just making sure you were safe!

TVC bought me these today

She was just making sure you were safe!

My ex and I had a dog that was a mix of border collie and shelty. She looked like a shelty, but was big like a border collie. Those are sheepdogs, and she used to sometimes "herd" us around, and would stay between us and other people on walks to protect her "sheeple." :laugh:

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom