What made you smile recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was resting Wednesday afternoon and didn't lock my door after my caregiver left for the day. A woman walked right in. I told her she had the wrong apartment and she started yelling for her mother. I repeated that she was mistaken and was able to get her to leave. She left behind a folder and a bag. It was just weird all around.

I notified management and they reviewed the video. Apparently, the woman got on the elevator and exited probably thinking she was on the right floor and mistook my apartment for her mother's. I have been getting hate mail (texts and snail mail) from someone for about two years now and didn't know if this was related. It appears to be a simple mistake and unrelated.

ETA: This made me smile because it wasn't deliberate.

Last edited:
Back in the 70's their was a plating shop on California St in Parker Arizona just before the bridge that exits the state.
I held that thought.

My mom was an amazing cook and her high end copper bottom cookware was so shopworn, just plain worn out, that it lost it's advantage.

I stopped by the plating shop and ask the guy if he had a remedy.
He gave me his card, quoted a flat rate and said send or bring the cookware in.

Mom packed it up, sent it to the Parker Az. address with a check.
A few weeks later a box arrived at moms house with the beautiful, re-everything'd restored cookware inside.

Pulling it all out of the box was incredible. Lit up the house.
Like when Dorothy stepped out of the crashed farmhouse into Oz.

The polished re done shiny metal looked an inch thick, the re coppered bottoms talked to you, new handles, it was amazing.
Sister inherited the set.

Went to my sisters house and she busted it out for dinner this past holiday.
No pix because sister doesn't allow cellphones at family gatherings for obvious reasons and that made me smile.

Agreed about the aspic, but you can't have the prawn cocktail though - a culinary classic when done properly.

You are wrong about aspic. Its can be delicious and elegant. Really! I made 'oeuf en gelée' (classic French dish) with tarragon a while back. I meant to explore using aspic more, but never got round to it.

Don't know if I posted the recipe but here are the photos:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom