What part of the chicken do you like best?

Local time
5:51 AM
Not all of you eat chicken I am sure. For those of you who enjoy this meat; what's your favorite part of the chicken? In my case, I love any part that has some bones; the rib especially.

On the rare occasion when I have had to eat at the fast food restaurants, I always ask for a rib or wing. As far as eating out goes I feel it's my safest bet for having a piece of chicken that is thoroughly cooked. Too often I have seen thicker pieces of meat, under cooked.

I should add, that when I am in my own kitchen a chicken breast is always handy and I can whip up a quick and exciting meal from it any time.

What about you, what's your favorite part of the chicken?

The parts of the chicken I like best are the drumsticks, thighs and wings. I do not particularly favour the breast or the back, although I would still eat these. I notice that whenever I order a snack box from a fast food restaurant, they would include either the breast or the back more often than the drumstick or thigh. In certain cases, if i am lucky, I may also get a wing. I do not usually ask them to put any particular part of the chicken in the box anyway. I just accept whatever they choose to put. I suppose I could start requesting the pieces that I really want.

It would have to be the leg. I not a breast fan because I find it a bit as compared to the leg which is really juicy. As much as I enjoy the leg, the breast is great for stir fries and making butter chicken which I love to bits.

I like then all equally, but cooked in different ways. If it's just plain roasted chicken, then I prefer the breast. I love legs and drumsticks cooked on the BBQ but I also really like marinated wings. I am not keen on the wings and drumsticks from a freshly roasted bird though.

I love everything! But if I have to pick I love the leg/thigh and the bones; I like to munch on the bones and the cartilage (weird, I know), but honestly chicken is chicken and if done right even the breast meat (which is notorious for drying out quickly) can be good. I love my chicken so I'm not picky at all :)

Breast for me. Mainly because I find it to be the most meat rich part. :p
If it's a bbq I'm having then spicy wings are also on the menu.

Definitely the breast meat for me. I'm not a fan of dark meat on chicken or turkey which works out great in our household because my partner likes dark and I like white. No waste in this house :)

For something like a grilled chicken sandwich, I prefer the chicken breast as long as it's not too thick. Also, any chicken recipe that calls for cold chicken, such as grilled chicken to go over a salad or shredded chicken to go into a mayo based chicken salad, I prefer to stick with white meat chicken. I don't like the texture of chilled dark meat chicken since the fats solidify in it and give it an unpleasant pasty, greasy texture I find gross.

As much as I like dark meat though, I am really sensitive to biting into any sort of gristle or cartilage, or biting on a piece of bone fragment of some sort. As soon as I hit any of that, I completely lose my appetite.If I am eating fried chicken, I usually don't run into this much at all because all that stuff stays stuck to the bone and I don't clean all the meat off the bones when eating them. It mainly happens when I try to cook with boneless skinless chicken thighs that weren't trimmed and cleaned properly.

I would also say that drumsticks are probably my least favorite part of the chicken. I hated when my folks would make them for dinner since they aren't very filling imo. I get like a bite or two of what I consider the edible meat, and the rest is all the gristle and veins and stuff that grosses me out.

I would say the bit between the parson's nose and the head.
But the skin on a roast chicken is particularly nice, as are the giblets.

I don't eat chicken or meat at all but I find this interesting because a lot of my friends love their chicken and I have heard that the best part of it are the wings and the thigh/leg. Some of my friends steer clear or the more chunky pieces of chicken especially when eating out because they have had terrible experiences with the pieces spewing blood and the like!

My favorite cut of meat is the breast. It is the most meaty part and the most healthy for you. I do not like the dark meat as I find it slimy so legs and thighs are out for me. I do like an occassional wing slathered in hot wing sauce though.

Chicken breast. I like it grilled and dashed with my mother's homemade bbq sauce. It is pure meat and less fat than that of chicken legs. It is also a very good source of protein a very important minerals needed for my workout. Aside from barbeque I also add it in salads and sandwich.

plain roasted and the brown thigh meat fresh,or boned out thigh and leg stuffed with a good sausage meat braised in a fresh tomato sauce

Back
Top Bottom