What part of the chicken do you like best?

The chicken oyster is the way to go! If you're unfamiliar with what I'm referring to these are the it's the 'oyster' shaped pieces of dark meat that are on both sides of a whole chicken's backbone. So good. I love to save them when I am prepping a few chickens at a time & grill them with some parsley & lemon juice. Mmm, I want to break a chicken down so bad now.

I like to eat chicken compared to pork and beef that I eat only occasionally. And the best part of the chicken that I like the most are breast and drumstick. Especially when it comes to crispy fried chicken I usually used them in my cooking.

My favorite part of the chicken is the wing. In fact I have four pounds of them in the oven right now. I marinated them in a Thai seasoning from a packet I found at the International Marketplace for an Asian flavor. I did bump up the seasoning with a little 5-spice powder and cayenne. I want them crisp and rendered of fat. I also make my own Buffalo wings and sauce in the oven too. I also like bone-in skin-on thighs for most dishes, such as Greek Lemon Oregano Chicken. I only use the breast for salads as I find it usually too dry for my taste. I can't stand the drumstick. As OhioTom76 mentioned, the drumstick is filled with cartilage and other yucky stuff that grosses me out as well. I also like the oysters. Too bad they're not bigger.

Last edited:
My favorite part of the chicken is the wing. In fact I have four pounds of them in the oven right now. I marinated them in a Thai seasoning from a packet I found at the International Marketplace for an Asian flavor. I did bump up the seasoning with a little 5-spice powder and cayenne. I want them crisp and rendered of fat. I also make my own Buffalo wings and sauce in the oven too. I also like bone-in skin-on thighs for most dishes, such as Greek Lemon Oregano Chicken. I only use the breast for salads as I find it usually too dry for my taste. I can't stand the drumstick. As OhioTom76 mentioned, the drumstick is filled with cartilage and other yucky stuff that grosses me out as well. I also like the oysters. Too bad they're not bigger.

See that's the last thing on the bird I would eat the wing,having to suck and chew the meat off a bone,
I can remove the sinews from a drumstick and slow cook it in oil and it falls away ,and can deconstruct a bird and reform it to remove all sinews
,oysters do get over looked and I've seen very little if any of chicken livers,they are a fad food they are either in or out
I used to get some really nice large chip livers in tubs really dry bought over from Rungis market near Paris France ,they only had to be separated and checked for nasty bits ,and they were heavenly

It's always the drumstick for me and my husband. Next in the list is the wing. Other than that would be for the house guests, hahahaaa, just joking. When we order chicken for delivery or dine in, we always specify the drum stick whether it's KFC, Kenny Rogers or even in Pollo Loco. Give me the drumstick or give me death, huh. Chicken, however, should not be eaten excessively because of the cholesterol.

I prefer the breast or the wings. I love skinless, boneless chicken breast cooked up on the bbq. It is so good that way. My boyfriend makes amazing fried chicken. It is his own recipe and it is fabulous. He doesn't make it too often but whenever he does we enjoy it do much. Wings are the best. We like to go out to the local pubs when they have wing night and try out all the different wings on the menu. There are so many different flavors. My favorite so far have been the ones with the Jack Daniels Sauce. They are some good!

The thighs are succulent and good for curry and casserole. Breast meat tends to be a little dry, but I use it for escalopes or stir-fry. Wings? I never understood that. A lot of gnawing away for little reward. Chicken livers are a good cheap eat. Supermarkets sell pots of them here and they are great for making pate. The oysters are the best bit! But sadly, there are only two per chicken.

My kids love dark meat, so boneless chicken thighs are the go to part in my house. I can make a variety of dishes with it and since it's dark meat, it's always moist and delicious. For stir fries I prefer chicken breasts but for on the grill my kids love chicken thighs.

I like my chicken thoroughly crispy or roasted. When it's roasted then the drumstick along with it's thigh is almost always the juiciest part. When the chicken is fried and crispy I like my breast part the most because it has the most meat and it can handle the heat in the frying pan therefore it's the most cooked and tender part. Chicken is good cooked in it's own juices too so I don't recommend frying it a lot, maybe just sometimes when you're rushing to go to work. :)

Back
Top Bottom