What popular condiment do you hate?

True2marie

Veteran
Local time
9:44 AM
I don't know if it classifies solely as a condiment, but I hate sauerkraut. From the smell to the taste, this form of cabbage is awful. Naturally, everyone I know LOVES this stuff.

Sauerkraut%20on%20hot%20dog.png
(I hate this combo.)

Definitely Coctail Sauce.

It seems like it's made purely for shrimp, but I'd much rather eat the shrimp without it. It's just something about it that makes my stomach turn.

Akiyama

Although I like hot sauces for the most part, I really don't like Sriracha sauce, nor do I get all the fuss over it. It burns the crap out of my mouth, and the flavors don't taste balanced at all. It's not even just the heat thing, the whole flavor profile of it seems kind of off to me for some reason.

I've tried to incorporate anchovies into my Italian recipes, since it's supposedly adds a lot of "umami" like flavor and blends in. Honestly, I don't care for it, especially on pizza - it's way too overbearingly salty and it sticks out like a sore thumb for me.

This is a little more obscure, but there is a Worcestershire-like marinade called Old Colony Sauce (it's a Pittsburgh thing I suppose) that I hate. If you look at the list of ingredients on the back, it reads like someone raiding their fridge and pantry for a little of this, a little of that - and the end result is pretty gross. Again, not balanced at all, and it has a distinct and annoying smell to it when cooking.

Although I like hot sauces for the most part, I really don't like Sriracha sauce, nor do I get all the fuss over it. It burns the crap out of my mouth, and the flavors don't taste balanced at all. It's not even just the heat thing, the whole flavor profile of it seems kind of off to me for some reason.

I've tried to incorporate anchovies into my Italian recipes, since it's supposedly adds a lot of "umami" like flavor and blends in. Honestly, I don't care for it, especially on pizza - it's way too overbearingly salty and it sticks out like a sore thumb for me.

This is a little more obscure, but there is a Worcestershire-like marinade called Old Colony Sauce (it's a Pittsburgh thing I suppose) that I hate. If you look at the list of ingredients on the back, it reads like someone raiding their fridge and pantry for a little of this, a little of that - and the end result is pretty gross. Again, not balanced at all, and it has a distinct and annoying smell to it when cooking.

Sorry OhioTom76, I love anchovies, straight from the jar, on pizza... my husband TVC puts them in sauces as well but they cook down so you can't taste them but they do give something to the dish.

I can't stand Mayo and I've been called a weirdo for that :-D

Monical,

Same with me. But then thankfully I have one friend who hates it too and now I have you for company... :)

I can't really think of any condiments that I can't stand to eat. Okay, I can't stand the very hot mustards. There, I thought of one after all. :unsure:

Sauerkraut... not one of my favorite foods, but I can eat it. It's not a condiment from my area.. it's a meal. Pork and Sauerkraut is the traditional New Years Day food. Gets served with mashed potatoes and I actually do like it that way.

I can't really think of any condiments that I can't stand to eat. Okay, I can't stand the very hot mustards. There, I thought of one after all. :unsure:

Sauerkraut... not one of my favorite foods, but I can eat it. It's not a condiment from my area.. it's a meal. Pork and Sauerkraut is the traditional New Years Day food. Gets served with mashed potatoes and I actually do like it that way.

I have tried sauerkraut once and wasn't too keen but then I think it was sub-standard. I would like to try properly/traditionally made.

I really don't like mayo! There is something about it that just creeps me out. I don't like the fact that it is smashed eggs in vinegar and oil. I can't seem to wrap my head around that one.

Mustard. I can handle it in this "chip dip" recipe we make when it's well mixed in, but by itself? Nasty.

Guacamole... I tried it once and it just tastes like, nothing. Absolutely nothing. I do not understand the love over it.

mayo is not one of my favourites, I wouldn't go as far as saying I hate it though.

If the guacamole had no taste then it wasn't done properly! I too have ran into some guacamole that tasted pretty much like water, but most ones have flavour! :p

I really hate mayo. It's oily and I don't like the smell. I love potato salad, but I have to add mustard to mask the mayo taste. Also the yellow color helps me to forget about the mayo.

I'm also not a fan of avocados and guacamole. Too rich and oily for my blood. I do happen to love sauerkraut. I can eat it straight out of the jar.

My most hate condiment is definitely mustard- EVERY kind! I absolutely hate the taste of it on anything. Even when my family members mix it in their mac and cheese for flavor- I can still taste it for some reason :(

Back
Top Bottom