What popular condiment do you hate?

I don't do mustard either - or salad cream. It just tastes like watered down mayonnaise to me. I do like mayonnaise, but I go for the lighter versions, to cut down on the fat content. And I don't know whether it counts as a condiment, but I absolutely hate Marmite with a vengeance. :sick:

I don't know if it classifies solely as a condiment, but I hate sauerkraut. From the smell to the taste, this form of cabbage is awful. Naturally, everyone I know LOVES this stuff.

Sauerkraut%20on%20hot%20dog.png
(I hate this combo.)

I absolutely HATE blue cheese! The smell, the taste -- all disgusting. I also dislike the downgrade form of mayonnaise = miracle whip. Why did they even create it? A third condiment that I don't particularly care for is ketchup. As common as it is, I just can't stand the taste of ketchup. When I order fries, I always ask for honey mustard or ranch. I think it's my tastebuds.

I am not a fan of cream cheese. If that is even a condiment it is weird and gross. I don't like the taste and pair it with a bagel and it's all nasty!

i don't like mustard. I can tolerate the taste. I wonder what's good in it?

This thread reminded me of another awful condiment I experienced recently - sugar free pickle relish. Some ding dong in my house hold wasn't reading the jars carefully when I put relish on our grocery list, and got the wrong stuff. It tastes absolutely awful and has this strange medicinal taste to it. At least in sodas, the other ingredients kind of mask the artificial taste of fake sweeteners, but in something like pickle relish it sticks out like a sore thumb. I made a big batch of potato salad with it and couldn't figure out why it tasted so funky. At first I thought perhaps there were some traces of dish detergent in the bowl that I missed or something - but then a few days later when I made some hot dogs with it I realized it was the relish itself that was terrible.

I could never stand the smell of HP or Worcestershire sauce, both of which my step dad loved to pour on his chips and steak growing up. I do like most condiments though e.g balsamic vinegar, mayo, mustard, chilli sauce, soya sauce, guac, ketchup ect..

I'm not a huge fan of relish. I just don't understand why it's sweet! I mean, I do, but pickles should not be sweet ever!!

I really don't like Mayonnaise. One time I thought I'd try and make it homemade and then maybe would like it…..nope….ended up throwing out 'cause hubby and kids preferred the store bought stuff. Hubby loves coleslaw made with lots of mayo and I'll make for him every now and then but don't touch the stuff….ugh!

Pesto, yuck! I just don't understand. I do not like this in anything. I have tried it several different times. And on several different dishes. It is not good to me in any way, shape or form.

Guacamole... I tried it once and it just tastes like, nothing. Absolutely nothing. I do not understand the love over it.

If it didn't taste like anything at all, then you had a bad guacamole. A good one should be full of flavor! You may still not like it, but I would recommend trying it again at some point so you might experience a better variety.

As for me, I'm not a fan of relish. The only use for it I have is to put in potato salad in place of sweet pickles if I have to. I'm not a sweet pickle fan either, so the only use for me is potato salad. I find relish to be absolutely disgusting on a hotdog, ew.

Reading this thread, I realized I am not the only one that hates mustard! Just looking at it and getting a whiff of it makes me feel queasy. The color is quite a turn off as well. Yes, condiments are usually processed, but with mustard there's just something about it that is very unnatural.

I have always disliked mayonnaise. Even before it became unpopular because of its unhealthy aspects, it always felt to me like I was eating something that I shouldn't. Some dishes require it as an essential ingredient. I will tolerate some, but mayonnaise seems to be overused on many dishes like coleslaws.

I can't believe so many people dislike mustard! Then again, it does have a very powerfull taste which is surely not for everyone. I prefer mustard that is not too strong though, some of the stuff I try makes my eyes water!

I don't really hate any of them, but I admittedly don't like wasabi all that much aside from being used in maki rolls. There was a time a few years ago when wasabi became a bit popular in my area, and all types of food began having wasabi variations including potato chips and sauces/toppings for dishes like burgers and hotdog sandwiches. I did find it very interesting and they were nice to try, but I personally wouldn't pick this taste to eat daily.

Back
Top Bottom