What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was healthy shopping today - all the better since I had Taco Bell for lunch.

IMG_6769.jpeg
IMG_6770.jpeg

Just back from the international market. I want to point out, before we went in, we agreed that we wouldn’t buy any chocolate, jam, flavored tea, or cookies/biscuits:

IMG_6792.jpeg

IMG_6793.jpeg

I just went in for mace, and knowing the way the market categorizes things, I checked at customer service first:

“Hey, hi. Can you tell me if you have any mace in stock, either ground or blades is fine.”

“Lemme check…M-A-C-E…ok, says here we do carry the ground stuff…but…it’s out of stock. Waitaminute…nope, out of stock. Sorry ‘bout that.”

Well 💩!

Checked the gourmet spice section anyway…nope. Checked the baking area in the British section…nope. Checked the generic American spices in their “regular” grocery store…:

IMG_6794.jpeg

Jars and jars of it! It always pays to check.

Just back from the international market. I want to point out, before we went in, we agreed that we wouldn’t buy any chocolate, jam, flavored tea, or cookies/biscuits:

View attachment 107015
View attachment 107016

I just went in for mace, and knowing the way the market categorizes things, I checked at customer service first:

“Hey, hi. Can you tell me if you have any mace in stock, either ground or blades is fine.”

“Lemme check…M-A-C-E…ok, says here we do carry the ground stuff…but…it’s out of stock. Waitaminute…nope, out of stock. Sorry ‘bout that.”

Well 💩!

Checked the gourmet spice section anyway…nope. Checked the baking area in the British section…nope. Checked the generic American spices in their “regular” grocery store…:

View attachment 107017

Jars and jars of it! It always pays to check.
Definitely no chocolate, jam, flavored tea, or cookies/biscuits in that little lot.

All I see are coffee beans and vanilla extract. :rolleyes:

All I see are coffee beans and vanilla extract. :rolleyes:
That’s because we’re disciplined shoppers… :whistling:

I had to laugh at MrsT. They had a whole display of Christmassy UK biscuit tins set up, and we were going through them, and one of them, imported from the UK, said they were “cookies.”

“Nope, I’m not having that. I want biscuits!” :laugh:

Round the corner from the lovely chocolate shop that opened up there is now a new tiny shop called 'Eastern Supermarket'
I spent a long time looking at what the little shop had to offer. I am so pleased that there's now somewhere I can buy some of the ingredients I'd normally have to buy online or spend an entire morning travelling to get. Glutinous rice flour, maize flour of different grind sizes, big bags of spices, so many spices, some good pastes, big tins of all sorts including whole water chestnuts (you can only get tiny tins of sliced in normal supermarkets) and a never found item - gluten free crispy fried onions!
I could go on and on it was bliss 😁
Very happy.
Oddly with all the amazing options I was logging in my mind I came home with some fairly pedestrian products, still I'm happy.. did I mention I'm happy? 😂
IMG_1418.jpeg

This came in the mail this morning
IMG_3354.JPG

I saw an ad on Face Book that Hickory Farms was offering free shipping, on select items ... they were all gift baskets that I didn't care for, so I made up my own!
Merry Early Christmas to us two!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom