What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here a couple items from yesterday's market trip.

full.jpg

full.jpg

Holiday season?

I also obtained the following stuff yesterday and today.

full.jpg

Two Heath Toffee Bars

full.jpg

Two DeMetz Caramel Turtle Bags with about 30 Turtles in Each One.

Just got my yearly employee appreciation gift:

I'm happy because I like treats, but here's the whole story:

We have two internal online shops at work - one for logo'd stuff (clothing, travel mugs, gifts for clients) and one that's a rewards shop for employees (we get credits when we do something worthwhile).

For our yearly appreciation, we used to get to choose from a small set of gifts, or a handful of credits in the rewards store. I always took the credits.

This year, for whatever reason, they gave us credits in the logo store. I don't really like being a walking advertisement for my employer, no offense, but I just don't.

I poked through the offerings, though, and noticed they had a few food gifts, including that little "tower of treats" above.

I tried to buy that and use my credits. It cost 27 credits and I had 50 to spend.

The storefront wasn't working at all, so I ended up calling the third-party vendor running it, and they didn't know what was going on, so they placed my order for me.

I pointed out that I still had 23 credits to spend, but she assured me credits carried over and never expire and I could spend the rest at a later date.

She placed the order and a few minutes later, I got the emailed receipt, and I noticed that shipping took another 11 credits, and digging back through the site, every order, even if it was for a 1credit box of plastic pens, requires a minimum 11 credit shipping charge.

50-27-11=12, and with the mandatory second shipping charge...I've got 1 credit to spend. Looks like I spent 27 to get some treats, when practically, it's cost me all my credits. 🤦‍♂️

I used to give cash to my employees at xmas.
$100 to $200.

Russ
We used to have a huge employee picnic, with lots of stuff brought in, different food trucks, a whole slew of games...then that changed to a catered lunch with sandwiches and chips/crisps and cookies...then that changed to a voucher for lunch out...then that changed to gifts only.

That was in addition to end-of-year holiday celebrations, but they knocked that out years ago, since so many people have different or no holidays. We also used to get fiscal year-end bonuses, and those were pretty substantial, but after the 2008 recession, those stopped.

So here we are today...$20 worth of chocolates. Hmmmm... :laugh:

I used to order pizzas for last day at work as well.
A customer of mine (isaac construction) used to give out hams at xmas, until the owner (lady isaac) heard one employee say, not a ham again.
That was the last time they did it
Ungrateful buggers.

Russ

I used to order pizzas for last day at work as well.
A customer of mine (isaac construction) used to give out hams at xmas, until the owner (lady isaac) heard one employee say, not a ham again.
That was the last time they did it
Ungrateful buggers.

Russ
I worked for Cargill for several months and got a free turkey for Thanksgiving one year.

What is sweet tip please?
I only use raspberries from my garden and sugar. Does this have something else??

Russ

They do 3 types of raspberry jam. Seedless, sweet tip and tiny tip. I can see negligible difference in the ingredients for the last two. The 'tip' simply refers to 'Tiptree'. Maybe 'tiny tip' has less seeds?

Tiny tip
Sugar, Raspberries, Gelling Agent: Citrus Pectin, Acidity Regulator: Sodium Citrate, Prepared with 57g of Fruit per 100g, Total Sugar content 67g per 100g.

Sweet tip
Sugar, Raspberries, Gelling Agent: Pectin, Acidity Regulator: Sodium Citrate, Prepared with 52g of Fruit per 100g, Total Sugar content 67g per 100g

I used to give cash to my employees at xmas.
$100 to $200.

Russ

When I worked for Sage (software), we all got Honey Baked Hams for Christmas.

Being in the marketing/advertising department, it was the vendors that took good care of us. The magazines we advertised with, in particular. We had about seven people in the department, and one magazine rep would take us out for a very pricey lunch. The printing companies would send us all kinds of food/treats.

CD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom