What specialty burger/menu item is on the menu at your local McD's (and other global chains)?

That is so true. I can't figure out why.
Maybe it is the universal recognition, donno.. .
Am curious to take my kid to the Food truck festival...for burgers...
I guess that's it though, people feed it to their kids as a treat. Those kids grow up and do the same with their kids.

I still come there sometimes, because to me it feels nostalgic. And I like their burgers, because I grew up with them being a special treat.

But yes, of course there's much better food out there that Mcdonalds.

Also, don't know if this is common knowledge or not but McDonalds portion sizes and prices are tailored to each countries' taste and cost of living. The small menu in Portugal is smaller (and cheaper) than the small menu you get in Spain, for example the small size drink in Spain is the size of a medium drink in Portugal. In Lisbon airport the menu sizes are also bigger and you can even get a box with 20 chicken mcnuggets, which aren't sold anywhere in Portugal except the airport.

Not sure if this exists in other European countries either, but in Portugal we have "Menu Europoupança", a lot of items that you can buy for 1€ each or just a little over that.
View attachment 65344
Yeah the portion sizes here are smaller than in the US too, and there's no 'supersize' option beyond large. The small fries we have here, is the kids menu size in the US. Our medium, is their small etc. I saw that on a documentary.

IF I go to Mcdonalds, I never order anything more than medium sized fries or drinks.

For reference, I found this
1623666091142.png

I honestly don't know how can anyone drink almost 1 liter of Coca cola at a meal?? I'd be throwing up if I did that.

All this talk made me order McDelivery (yes, that's a thing here) for dinner.

I had a Big Mac. It tastes the same as it did when I first ate one about 40 years ago.

It ain't the world's best burger, but there's nothing else like it.

My sons and wife go for the Double Filet Fish and my daughter gets the Double Cheeseburger.

The outlet is nearby, so by the time it reaches, the fries are still quite fresh and crunchy. Took about 20 mins from the time I hit 'pay' on the website.

Everyone here's happy, including my wallet.

The whole endless ingredient trend has played out here in Canada..Ten years ago it was big with lots of franchises popping up and restaurants featuring multitudes of options, ingredient combinations, assorted bun options, etc..then, I think people just wanted a burger...places started opening up that just offered plain, home made burgers with real hand made patties and nice soft, traditional buns...you can still get whatever you want on a burger, but like pizza, many people are returning to just a few, well prepared and fresh ingredients...I may eat burgers once a month, and when I do, we usually use our own ground beef and keep things pretty simple...I find too many ingredients hides the beef burger flavor, then, what's the point? That's just me, though..

Here's a couple of places that feature many burger options
Menu
Signature Burgers - World Burger - Ottawa's Best Burger Scene

Here in the US, the only things I'd walk into a McDonalds is for the bathrooms, which are clean. And if no line, a coffee afterwards. We don't as a rule get good fun specialties here, even if this is the home country for the company.

Okay, I WOULD pick up a McRib. Haven't had one of those for a couple decades or so. Yes, they are terribly unhealthy, but they were one of the only things they ever served here that I actually liked. But they only show up sporadically, and not found at all McD's. And I usually find out about their appearance after they have come and gone. I'd like to find out if I still liked them.

That is so true. I can't figure out why.
Maybe it is the universal recognition, donno.. .
Am curious to take my kid to the Food truck festival...for burgers...
I grew up on my parents' burgers. Round, juicy - flavorful. When I tried a McDonald's burger I was confronted with a dry, tasteless flat hockey puck. Their "special sauce" was ANYTHING but special.

In the 80s, my parents told me they finally stopped at a McDonalds on a road trip. They didn't finish their Big Macs and left. Even with their insistent "finish everything on your plate" upbringing that they (mostly) imparted to me. .

I don't eat at McDonald's except extremely rarely a breakfast item, maybe once a year, if that. When we do get a burger out, I get a Whopper Jr and a small fries or just a Whopper from Burger King. When we go to Culver's, I have to get a full size burger because they don't have smaller ones, but I do get fries because they are crinkle cut and I really like them. I usually end up not eating part of the bun and not finishing my fries. We don't really go to Wendy's anymore because something in their sandwiches causes an upset tummy, but when we did, I got their smaller burger too.

Don't drink a lot of soda either. I've had part of a 6-pack of bottles go flat simply because of age, months and months and months. If we get burgers to bring home, I almost always drink water with them. If we are eating out, I'll drink either a Coke or coffee depending on whether it's breakfast or lunch food.

And I'll agree with caseydog , it's insulting that Americans are depicted to be pigs in their eating habits because most of us aren't.

Here in the US, the only things I'd walk into a McDonalds is for the bathrooms, which are clean. And if no line, a coffee afterwards. We don't as a rule get good fun specialties here, even if this is the home country for the company.

Okay, I WOULD pick up a McRib. Haven't had one of those for a couple decades or so. Yes, they are terribly unhealthy, but they were one of the only things they ever served here that I actually liked. But they only show up sporadically, and not found at all McD's. And I usually find out about their appearance after they have come and gone. I'd like to find out if I still liked them.
Agree about the bathroom thing.

You'd probably be disappointed about the McRib. I remember in my 20s when BK had the chicken parm sandwich and I loved them. When they revived them a few years back, I tried 1 again and was sorely disappointed. Don't know if it was a taste change in me or they were different, but yuck.

Last edited:
The only thing I eat at McDonalds are the nuggets, the fried potatoes and the ice creams. I definitely hate their burgers and the burger buns are so bad just their smell makes nauseous. Back when I was a child, McDonalds only sold burgers and I'd ask my family to take me to McDonalds just so I could have a Happy Meal and get the toy, but I hated the food already. I remember feeling pure agony while I tried to eat my burger, and I had to eat it otherwise the grown ups wouldn't take me to McDonalds and then no more small Barbie dolls for me!🤮

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom