What time of day do you like to eat your fruit?

Local time
4:38 PM
When it comes to fresh fruit, do you have a special time of day that you prefer for eating them? I know most people like to eat their fruit first thing in the morning as part of their breakfast. Others like to have their fruit after having their lunch, and some may prefer to have fruit at other times of the day.

I like eating my fruit either at mid morning, after having my lunch, or at night after my supper. I seldom have fruit first thing on mornings. Banana, especially, is a fruit that I cannot eat very early on in the day. I leave that for lunch or as an evening snack.

What time do you like to eat your fresh fruit?

I mainly like fruit with my breakfast, and sometimes as dessert after dinner. Oftentimes, once I have dinner I have that craving for something sweet - and I don't always want to indulge in something super sugary like cake or cookies...so I turn to fruit then!

I eat fruit after the lunch as a dessert or in the evening as a healthy snack. Fruits are a healthier choice and a good substitute for desserts.

I like to have fruit as a snack so I generally eat it in the mid morning, afternoon or sometimes I will have some fruit before I go to bed at night.
I always keep a variety of fruit on hand to enjoy.

It's good to have your fruit in the mornings because of the benefits to your blood glucose, but there's no rule that you only have fruit once per day. I may have some at breakfast and then again later in the morning and or even in the afternoon. If it's very hot, as in midsummer, I may even have fruit at night as it's much easier to digest than some other foods and helps to keep you hydrated.

Well, bearing in the mind that the ideal is to have 5 servings of fruits or vegetables per day, I try to intersperse fruits throughout the day. However, I almost always eat some in the morning and at night. I am a major fruit fan, and I like them all I think. I can think of few fruits that I don't like. I just think they are so good.

I like my fruit as a snack in the evening when I am looking for something light to eat before bed time. It is usually an apple. I opened a can of pears for dinner and thought I would save mine for later but one of the grandsons decided he wanted the whole thing. I hide my apples or he would eat them too.

All during the day is fine by me. My problem is that I am not very consistent. If it is something like banana I like to have that in the morning preferably. Apples, cherries and those types of things are whenever I feel the urge and they are on hand.

This may sound weird but a few weeks ago, we went to the wake of a departed relative of my husband. His cousin was talking about eating fruits. That fruits should be eaten before the meal like it is an appetizer. Never eat fruit after meals for it is bad for the heart. And with grapes, that cousin said, you should only eat less than 10 grapes because it can kill you. It's really funny but it may be a food for thought. However, my husband said that his parents had grown old with the traditional fruits after meals.

Morning! I love oranges when I first wake up. They help me wake up and get energized for the day! Plus fruit goes well with almost any type of breakfast food, although I always like it by itself.

It's usually at about lunch time for me either then or after a workout! That's when I usually crave them anyway. I sometimes snack on a few grapes when feely snacky too.

I like to eat my fruits for breakfast or lunch. I usually have an orange or grapefruit with my proteins in the morning and for lunch I have a banana with my meals. I usually have fish or chicken for lunch. I like snacking on watermelons in the afternoon as well.

I like eating them as a dessert after meals and sometimes as snacks. They're great for satisfying my sweet tooth whenever I feel the urge to eat anything sweet. If I feel like being a little luxurious, I'll go as far as buying chocolate, melt it and use is as a dip as I eat apples, bananas, strawberries and sometimes other things that shouldn't be dipped in chocolate. :p:

Interestingly enough, I actually do tend to eat fruit only at a particular time of the day and that is at night. I don't have a sweet tooth at all, so I tend to only eat fruit right before bed. I guess since I don't eat that much sugar during the day it actually helps me wear down rather than give me a sugar rush. I typically indulge in grapes, peaches, and watermelon.

I eat my fruit throughout the day, actually. Because I'm a professional dancer and always running around, I have no set schedule with my eating times. But fruit is so hydrating, refreshing and healthy that I keep it on hand and snack on it whenever throughout the day. Usually I have a banana with my morning bowl of cereal and yogurt. At lunch or dinner, depending on my free time, I might make an apple and peanut butter sandwich using brown rice English muffins.

Back
Top Bottom