What to do with squash?

That squash is huge, could easily do harm :blackeye:
That's how you get their apples!

I have never cooked with squash before, the idea has never appealed. I will be giving it a go now though.
They can be a real pain to peel. Most popular things I can think of are soup (puréed), roasted (easy), or in a ravioli (or mixed in with pasta).

Seriously, though, I do have a dead easy apple cake. Comes together in a couple of minutes, it's just a single layer, no frosting, perfect for tea. Might be a good way to get your feet wet. Let me know if you want it.

We've made a cubed roasted butternut squash, Italian sausage, farfalle pasta dish that is pretty good. Craig made chicken marsala and added roasted butternut cubes. We've also made a vegetarian pie using butternut, poblano chiles, maybe some kind of cheese, plus other things. If you want recipes for the pasta or pie, let me know.

Love spaghetti squash as a pasta substitute or herbed as a side. Roasted Acorn or Butternut squash or both wonderful.
Squash is so versatile
As long as I can remember I made pumpkin bread. Guess what? Other squashes also make great Breads.
I am not a big fan of curry but I can see how squash would be perfect. Really absorbs flavor.
I remember Mother cooking PattyPan squash with nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla and sugar for dessert.

83a8ffc3-a227-46cf-bbf5-85fb4f640d62-jpeg-jpg.jpg

I made this Apple Ginger Soup last year; it would have qualified for the Coconut challenge if I hadn't already posted it. If I can convince my family to stop stuffing the refrigerator with carry-out order boxes, I might just make something like this again soon.

Back
Top Bottom