What TV Food Programmes are you currently watching?

Thanks for the heads up, I will see if I can find a way to get the channel, I get Dave, BBC all of them, Channel 4, and a few other channels but I don't get all of them which it appears I need to try and rectify.

Well since I am stuck at home with the flu I have been looking for something to binge watch. I stumbled upon Zumbo: Just Deserts. I was not really expecting to like it all that much but I actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Here is a preview if you want to check it out with no spoiler here. For home amateur bakers some of the contestants were phenomenal. I am impressed what people who are home cooks can accomplish. I like the show and when I found there was no second season I was disappointed. I like the friendliness of the show even if it was obviously staged at times.

I liked Adriano Zumbo and Rachel Khoo as the hosts they are personable and worked well as a pair. Although I must say at the end of a round when they add the numbers up it is like really? You need to tell us what 5 and 5 equal? I know they do it for the dramatic effect but it was one of the few annoyances I had with it. One of the other one was Gigi Falanga role as to why she was on the show still has me asking why? She would occasionally scream the time left and really served no purpose that I found was useful. She is a talented baker but should have found another role for her. I found most of the contestants tolerable enough that I none of them took away from the show. If you have not seen it worth checking out, It is more of an entertaining kind of baking show rather than one where you learn from. Give it a go if you want to binge watch a one season show.

Well since I am stuck at home with the flu I have been looking for something to binge watch. I stumbled upon Zumbo: Just Deserts. I was not really expecting to like it all that much but I actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Here is a preview if you want to check it out with no spoiler here. For home amateur bakers some of the contestants were phenomenal. I am impressed what people who are home cooks can accomplish. I like the show and when I found there was no second season I was disappointed. I like the friendliness of the show even if it was obviously staged at times.

I liked Adriano Zumbo and Rachel Khoo as the hosts they are personable and worked well as a pair. Although I must say at the end of a round when they add the numbers up it is like really? You need to tell us what 5 and 5 equal? I know they do it for the dramatic effect but it was one of the few annoyances I had with it. One of the other one was Gigi Falanga role as to why she was on the show still has me asking why? She would occasionally scream the time left and really served no purpose that I found was useful. She is a talented baker but should have found another role for her. I found most of the contestants tolerable enough that I none of them took away from the show. If you have not seen it worth checking out, It is more of an entertaining kind of baking show rather than one where you learn from. Give it a go if you want to binge watch a one season show.

Not come across this show although I've seen most of Rachel Khoo's programmes. I'll check it out..

I am fond of watching Kitchen Nightmares but they changed it up this season in the U.S. and i do not care for it as much as the previous seasons

I do like the british bake off show on pbs and have learn all kinds of different terms i hadn't ran into before and also found some amusing moments...i remember one when the guy judge was talking about the flavor combo one of the contestants had used and said he thought the combo of peanut butter and grape was a bold choice and an unusual combo and all i could think was that nearly every american child is preferring a bold choice and unusual combo for lunch every day.

Most of the cooking shows feature meat and being a veggie i don't enjoy them and the few veggie shows i have found are kinda out there ingredientwise and i am a more practical kinda gal.

Most of the cooking shows feature meat and being a veggie i don't enjoy them and the few veggie shows i have found are kinda out there ingredientwise and i am a more practical kinda gal.

I've often thought that they should run a vegetarian/vegan Masterchef...

This would be fab. I am always disappointed when masterchef has a vegetarian contestant that cooks meat. Masterchef is not a favorite anyway tho.

I remember one episoid u.s. Hell's Kitchen, i was so excited cause it was gonna be thier vegetarian episoid and the contestants had to cook veggie but then they went and seemly belittled vegetarians by having the eaters all be kids...so the contestants now weren't cooking for vegetarians but cooking vegetables in a way that children would like them, i was disappointed.

I've often thought that they should run a vegetarian/vegan Masterchef...

Masterchef is not a favorite anyway tho.

I'm not keen on the US version - the UK version (it originated in the UK) is much gentler and slower paced. There are two series - Masterchef Professional and Masterchef (which is non-professional cooks).

I've been searching out as many Rick Stein's travel/food episodes as I can find..I first discovered him when I watched the BBC Rick Stein's India, which is a 6, one hour episode series. Very good, non sensational and he covers all types of cooking from regular, every day food to more extravagant upper class type fare...

I've been searching out as many Rick Stein's travel/food episodes as I can find..I first discovered him when I watched the BBC Rick Stein's India, which is a 6, one hour episode series. Very good, non sensational and he covers all types of cooking from regular, every day food to more extravagant upper class type fare...
The book is good too :D

A favourite in this house too - I think I've seen everything he ever made probably several times over! His first claim to fame was a a fish cook based on Padstow Cornwall as UK members will know.

I'm not keen on the US version - the UK version (it originated in the UK) is much gentler and slower paced. There are two series - Masterchef Professional and Masterchef (which is non-professional cooks).

You should try and get them to watch the original masterchef with Loyd Grossman - the very definition of slow programming, growing up it signalled the end of the weekend - we'd spend it at my paternal grandparent's house. The telly would be blaring and despite nobody watching it, it would be masterchef, songs of praise and then then 'Bread' - thankfully we could go home after bread.

Prefer vic and bob's take on it -
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM8quCF_Qkk

Did anyone watch Masterchef Australia which just ended several days ago? I don't want to post spoilers before I ask if anyone had seen it or was planning on it. I enjoyed this years version but it also the first version outside the UK one I have seen some episodes of the Canadian one but it is okay but not really for me as it feels more like the American one.

Did anyone watch Masterchef Australia which just ended several days ago? I don't want to post spoilers before I ask if anyone had seen it or was planning on it. I enjoyed this years version but it also the first version outside the UK one I have seen some episodes of the Canadian one but it is okay but not really for me as it feels more like the American one.

Not the recent one. I did see one very long series - they kept bringing contestants who had been thrown out, back! It was very different from the UK version. Participants watching from a gallery as the contestants made their dishes. In that series 'Po' won - deservedly. She has gone on to be a noted Chef.

Back
Top Bottom