What type of cookware do you have?

Mrs MY won't make them, so since I retired I taught myself how. They're now in the freezer awaiting consumption. Filling ended up as 400gm beef mince, 1 onion, 6 closed cup mushrooms, gravy was 1/2 tablespoon of Bovril, half a bottle of London Porter thickened with tablespoon of flour. First one tasted fine. Not quite enough for the six puddings I made, 4/5 would have been better, but it might help me to lose weight. Together with the cycling of course.

Last edited:
Stainless Steel Stock with Covdr.jpg

I just want one large 12-qt. stock pot for making things in large quantities, like marinara, spaghetti sauce & stocks for storing in the freezer! And there IS a place for it when not in use! :wink:

Last edited:
View attachment 6312

I just want one large 12-qt. stock pot for making things in large quantities, like spaghetti sauce & stocks for storing in the freezer! And there IS a place for it when not in use! :wink:
I've got a large enamel pan like that. I hadn't used it for some time until I made some Seville marmalade a little while ago, but it was very handy for stock or cider making. It comes with a basket so you can use it as a deep fat fryer but it's far too big more me. I have, however, used the basket as a rack for the meat when cooking pot-roasts.

We use a stainless steel dutch oven, a toaster oven and a crock pot among pots, pans and skillets. Cuisinart and Black and Decker are brands we prominently use.

Lodge 12-inch skilet..jpg
Lodge  cast iron skillet.jpg

Got these 2 items at Walmart today! A 12"cast iron skillet & an 8' one!! Both are already pre-seasoned, so no pre-seasoning is needed! :wink:

Last edited:
I find cast iron pots too heavy/not easy to lift (and that's just trying them out in shops i.e. without food in them!) Maybe it's my age and/or having small, thin wrists.
I know it is my age. I would sell my soul if I could have a cast iron 10 inch pan. But even a little one, big enough to fry an egg is too heavy for my arthritic hands now.

Actually I have a stainless steel frying pan and what I do (to help make it non stick) is this. I heat the cleaned, dry pan and, when it is hot, I pour in some oil. When this heats up I turn the heat off and leave it to cool. So this is done a while before using it i.e. for later. I find this works!
I have a couple of 10 inch aluminum ones that my son gave me and they are from his restaurant days. I don't know what is so special about them, but they are non-stick. My son said it is because they were bought at a restaurant supply and are special treated. The outside though has gotten out of hand. I need to find someone who has a BBQ that uses charcoal. Once they are through BBQing, I want to set my pan on the hot coals to loosen and burn off all the crud on the outside.

View attachment 6312

I just want one large 12-qt. stock pot for making things in large quantities, like marinara, spaghetti sauce & stocks for storing in the freezer! And there IS a place for it when not in use! :wink:
Mine sits way up on the top of the cabinets. I have it wrapped in plastic wrap. I only use it in the winter. Mainly to keep moisture in the air in my studio apartment. We have forced hot air here. I hate it. Come October, my son The Pirate will get it down for me. Fill it with water and put it on the back burner on low. I don't have to pay for the utilities I use.

View attachment 6635

I have this cute little Cuisinart stainless steel sauce pot. :wink:
I have the same one. What I like abut Cuisinart is that the handle is held on by the two rivets. That split stops the heat from going up to the handle. Most of the time you don't even need a potholder. I have the two quart and am planning on getting the three quart in the fall. I really like the Cuisinart products.

I have a wide variety of cooking vessels which were given to me by my grand parents, parents, in-laws, and those that I have bought as well during my travels or shopping sprees.

I love Creset enamel cast iron, which was given to me by my inlaws ..

I am a grand fan of earthenware and use it almost all the time for oven and stove top .. I prepare my Paella & Fidèau ( Noodle Paella ) in my largest circular earthenware called a "Cazuela" .. I have quite a number of these as well as from William Sonoma ..

I love my 16 quart stainless Steel light weight stockpot from Brand: International. I use for boiling Linguini / Spaghetti ..

Have a lovely day ..

Wonderful and interesting posts ..

I know it is my age. I would sell my soul if I could have a cast iron 10 inch pan. But even a little one, big enough to fry an egg is too heavy for my arthritic hands now.

I was on holiday recently and the self catering cottage had one of those light pans with a sort of mottled 'stone' lining. I fried some bacon, without oil/fat and then did a sort of scrambled egg in the same pan. I was quite impressed with its unstickiness, but I don't have a clue as to the make.

I was on holiday recently and the self catering cottage had one of those light pans with a sort of mottled 'stone' lining. I fried some bacon, without oil/fat and then did a sort of scrambled egg in the same pan. I was quite impressed with its unstickiness, but I don't have a clue as to the make.
I keep seeing them advertised. I actually dislike the way they look aesthetically - but if they work... I can't remember the brand either. I may go hunting.

Back
Top Bottom