What variety of melon is this?

foodterminology

Veteran
Local time
5:40 AM
I bought what I thought was a honeydew melon at the grocery store. It see now that it has no sticker on it that might identity it. I chose it first by the color, then the texture, then the sound of the seeds moving or not as a store employee once advised me. Upon cutting a piece to eat I see that the inside is somewhat orange like a cantaloupe! It is not green like a honeydew normally is. Is it spoiled or possibly another variety of melon? Thanks for any ideas.

@foodterminology

Each country / región has such a wide variety of fruits .. Do you have a photograph ?

If the aromas are sweet and light, doubtful it is spoilt ..

Could be an Orange Dew Melon which is a Usa Hybrid Cross of a Honeydew and a Cantalope.

However without a photograph and approx measurements, it is nearly imposible to say ..

Have a nice weekend ..

I bought what I thought was a honeydew melon at the grocery store. It see now that it has no sticker on it that might identity it. I chose it first by the color, then the texture, then the sound of the seeds moving or not as a store employee once advised me. Upon cutting a piece to eat I see that the inside is somewhat orange like a cantaloupe! It is not green like a honeydew normally is. Is it spoiled or possibly another variety of melon? Thanks for any ideas.

We really need more information. As @Francesca says, there are many types of melon. But anyway - the main thing is what does it taste like!? If it tastes good then :D.

Photos would also be useful. And an idea on where in the States you are please.
Plus there are different types of honeydew melons.
An orange fleshed honeydew melon is an extra sweet variety (assuming it is ripe).
For more information please follow this link
http://homeguides.sfgate.com/honeydew-varieties-26548.html

Thanks. It is an Orange-Flesh Honeydew Melon (also known as the Temptation Melon). The taste is very similar to cantaloupe with a bit more delicate honeydew-like flavor.

Back
Top Bottom