What Vegetable Do You Use Most Often?

Onions is probably right up there with us. I try to put them into everything.

Probably the most used is kale and leaf lettuce. We almost always have a salad available to eat in the fridge.

I terms of volume, it's undoubtedly onions: they're in every stock, they form the base of every soup, and they seem to come along for the ride in so many different preparations.

But, in terms of frequency, it's probably garlic. I seem to find a way to add it to just about anything.

A nice distinction here!

Corn. So much you can do with it. Make rubs for corn on the cob. From simple to complex. I take frozen corn and put it in a skillet with butter and add whatever spices I think might be good.

Someone mentioned volume, potatoes has to be number one, I buy 10 kg bags about once a month. But if kids are here a lot, not unusual for 2 bags.

Russ

Someone mentioned volume, potatoes has to be number one, I buy 10 kg bags about once a month. But if kids are here a lot, not unusual for 2 bags.

Potatoes are definitely number one for me also. I have a webpage devoted to spud dishes. How many we buy during a month I cannot say but we buy loose probably twice a week (on condition that they look good which they don't always).

Tops November 2 s.jpg

Potatoes, onions, and garlic (that's a frequent dish in our house right there), and I don't know which would come first, though we have some kind of potato dish nearly every day.

After those, probably celery. I like the freshness of it, the brightness, or maybe I mean the cleanness of it. It goes in a lot of dishes in my house. I think of celery as that character actor you recognize from so many movies and TV shows, but you just can't think of his name. :)

Back
Top Bottom