What was your impulse buy while waiting in long checkout lines?

In the States, they have the checkout aisles lined with candy, gum, magazines, the sensationalist newspapers, sometimes little toys, various doohickeys, individual packs of over-the-counter medications, etc. I really hate the fact they put candy and gum in the aisles because I've seen kids have major tantrums because mom/dad said no.

n the States, they have the checkout aisles lined with candy, gum, magazines, the sensationalist newspapers, sometimes little toys, various doohickeys, individual packs of over-the-counter medications, etc. I really hate the fact they put candy and gum in the aisles because I've seen kids have major tantrums because mom/dad said no.

They stopped putting sweets (candy) near the checkouts here quite a few years ago. If anything, its healthy snacks.

I'm actually really good about that. Rarely, almost never tempted by any of that stuff. Strange, because I do like my sweets and salty snacks, too.

I will, occasionally, buy something for my wife, though...usually peanut butter M&M's.

In the States, they have the checkout aisles lined with candy, gum, magazines, the sensationalist newspapers, sometimes little toys, various doohickeys, individual packs of over-the-counter medications, etc. I really hate the fact they put candy and gum in the aisles because I've seen kids have major tantrums because mom/dad said no.
We have the same here at checkout, mags, gum, sweets etc. being a bloke that hates shopping, I'm normally focused on one or two things, and that's all I buy, I can be in a queue and I look at people in front of me and try to pick the one that is the slowest. Normally an old man, who gets everything scanned , then , and only then he gets his wallet our, then proceeds to find a card, it just goes on from there. I'm pretty good at picking the "nanas"
My wife, however will buy stuff at checkout,she's like a magpie, attracted to shiny stuff.

Russ

Chapstick! I remember that from childhood. Our local (smallish) supermarket always had hand sanitizer by the checkout. No more. Sign of the times.

Back
Top Bottom