What will you be watching on TV tonight (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TastyReuben

Nosh 'n' Splosh
Staff member
Local time
4:10 AM
What we’re currently watching:

A Ghost Story for Christmas (Britbox)
Midsomer Murders (Acorn)
Miss Scarlet and the Duke (PBS)
All Creatures Great and Small (PBS)
Quantum Leap (NBC)
Ghosts (CBS)
The Late Show (CBS)
Abbott Elementary (ABC)
Cabinet of Curiosities (Netflix)
Wednesday (Netflix)
The Crown (Netflix)
Emily in Paris (Netflix)

I don’t know if there’s a show I’ve ever hated as much as Emily in Paris - I completely despise it, yet I watch every episode! 🫤

What we’re currently watching:

A Ghost Story for Christmas (Britbox)
Midsomer Murders (Acorn)
Miss Scarlet and the Duke (PBS)
All Creatures Great and Small (PBS)
Quantum Leap (NBC)
Ghosts (CBS)
The Late Show (CBS)
Abbott Elementary (ABC)
Cabinet of Curiosities (Netflix)
Wednesday (Netflix)
The Crown (Netflix)
Emily in Paris (Netflix)

I don’t know if there’s a show I’ve ever hated as much as Emily in Paris - I completely despise it, yet I watch every episode! 🫤

That is so much stuff! How do you find the time?

We watch TV every evening between 6PMish and 10PM! 📺 😵‍💫

Well so do I usually but I'm a news junkie. So news channels plus maybe a soap or two (Corrie and or Emmerdale). Same every night really. Midsummer Murders I do watch sometimes but the episodes are so long that it usually eats up too much viewing time for me to commit. During the day the food channel chugs away in the background but I also watch programmes like Bargain Hunt (buying/selling antiques programmes) plus the news, of course.

Well so do I usually but I'm a news junkie.
We get all our news online throughout the day (reading it, not watching it). MrsT does watch a soap, but I didn’t include that because she watches it while I’m getting supper together.

Back before I somehow ended up in her home office and she ended up in my living room, I’d have the TV playing all day, watching old horror movies and mysteries that I’d seen a hundred times, so I could watch and work at the same time.

Watching a rerun movie abot 10 years old called "The Help" I've seen numerous times. It portrays the difficulties of black women working as housekeepers and nannies in the South during the Civil rights movement of the 60s. It's quite well done--moving, funny and sad.

Well, what else would I be watching at 5AM?

IMG_4302.jpeg

Thought you might be.

Do you get the BBC coverage? This is the stuff they excel at.
We’re watching it through Britbox. I don’t know who’s coverage they’re providing, but it’s very good.

American coverage of these things is usually abysmal, because it’s mainly the giggly hosts talking over everything else.

We also have the livestream up from the the royal family’s YT channel - no talking at all on that.

We’re watching it through Britbox. I don’t know who’s coverage they’re providing, but it’s very good.

American coverage of these things is usually abysmal, because it’s mainly the giggly hosts talking over everything else.

We also have the livestream up from the the royal family’s YT channel - no talking at all on that.
If it's britbox then it will be the BBC with Hugh Edwards leading the team.
I switched it on a while ago to see them giving him a glittery Marigold glove to symbolise something archane. It's all a bit silly.

I did not plan to watch the coronation . A night/morning of insomnia resulted in watching the coronation.
I do not get the entire monarchy thing. The coronation coming so soon after the Queen's funeral must have busted Great Britain's national budget .
The crown looked very heavy on Charle's head. He probably has a sore neck.
I have to give it to the Brits - you have pomp and circumstance nailed.
It was a great show.
I actually feel sorry for Charles. He had to wait a very long time for the crown .
William will not have to wait as long.
Question - will the Monarchy survive?

I switched it on a while ago to see them giving him a glittery Marigold glove to symbolise something archane. It's all a bit silly.
That’s to symbolize ruling with a soft touch, the whole “iron fist in a velvet glove” thing.

My personal favorite was the coronation bracelets - there was a definite Wonder Woman vibe to them. I was let down when no golden lasso showed up! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom