What will you be watching on TV tonight (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just watched the funniest movie, on Acorn, call Marvellous, from 2014.

It’s a heartwarming true story about a man with a learning disability who has the most unusual life - he just expects good things to happen to him…and they do. Everything just works out for him.

Forget the heartwarming part, though; the movie’s hilarious. I was laughing so hard I was crying, but I didn’t want to wipe my eyes because I was afraid I’d miss the next funny bit.
It's like a funnier version of Forrest Gump?

It's like a funnier version of Forrest Gump?
Yeah, and it’s true, that’s the best part.

That was one of the funniest parts about the movie - every so often, they’d cut away to the actor, still in character, talking with the actual person, just getting a further comment on a scene.

Here’s the real guy:

Neil Baldwin (Keele University) - Wikipedia

Yeah, and it’s true, that’s the best part.

That was one of the funniest parts about the movie - every so often, they’d cut away to the actor, still in character, talking with the actual person, just getting a further comment on a scene.

Here’s the real guy:

Neil Baldwin (Keele University) - Wikipedia
Cool!

I didn't know there was such a thing as a registered clown.

I watched that film and never laughed once. Didn't find it even remotely funny. Must be me!
You mean Forrest Gump? It had a few moments that were funny, but more tongue in cheek kinda funny. Like when he is sitting at the bus stop talking to two people and this older man laughs at him because he thinks Forrest is lying about being a millionaire, then after the man leaves, Forrest shows the woman sitting there the picture of him and Captain Dan on the cover of Fortune or some similar magazine (can't really remember what the magazine was) and she has a shocked look on her face. Or when Forrest is running across a football field during a team practice trying to get away from some bullies and coach Bryant sees him and enrolls him in college to play ball for Alabama. Or when he got shot in the buttocks in Vietnam and went to the White House and told the president he'd been shot in the butt and the president whispers that he would like to see that, so Forrest pulls down his pants and shows his bum. So no, not slapstick funny but there were still humorous scenes.

You can't tell I have seen that movie 20+ times, can you?

You mean Forrest Gump? It had a few moments that were funny, but more tongue in cheek kinda funny. Like when he is sitting at the bus stop talking to two people and this older man laughs at him because he thinks Forrest is lying about being a millionaire, then after the man leaves, Forrest shows the woman sitting there the picture of him and Captain Dan on the cover of Fortune or some similar magazine (can't really remember what the magazine was) and she has a shocked look on her face. Or when Forrest is running across a football field during a team practice trying to get away from some bullies and coach Bryant sees him and enrolls him in college to play ball for Alabama. Or when he got shot in the buttocks in Vietnam and went to the White House and told the president he'd been shot in the butt and the president whispers that he would like to see that, so Forrest pulls down his pants and shows his bum. So no, not slapstick funny but there were still humorous scenes.

You can't tell I have seen that movie 20+ times, can you?

The funniest, to me, was when he calls the police about some men burglarizing an office in view of his hotel room window... at the Watergate Hotel. :laugh:

CD

The funniest, to me, was when he calls the police about some men burglarizing an office in view of his hotel room window... at the Watergate Hotel. :laugh:

CD

X2 on that scene.
My wife said her work mates reckon Yellowstone is a good program.
Programs I havnt seen and wont.
Yellowstone
Kardasians
G.o.t
L.o.t.r.
There are others

Russ

X2 on that scene.
My wife said her work mates reckon Yellowstone is a good program.
Programs I havnt seen and wont.
Yellowstone
Kardasians
G.o.t
L.o.t.r.
There are others

Russ
Yellowstone is good 1st 3 seasons. After that not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom