What will you be watching on TV tonight (2024)?

TastyReuben

Nosh 'n' Splosh
Staff member
Local time
11:43 PM
We watched Barbie the other night. I was really looking forward to it, because Ryan Gosling was hilarious promoting it on all the talk shows, but I didn’t find it all that good at all. It was extremely disappointing.

Last night for NYE we watched Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny.

It was alright, I wasn’t into it for the first half but it picked up quite a bit in the second half.

It was definitely better than Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, but that isn’t exactly a high bar…

The offerings on our local cabletv are appalling. Re-runs of sitcoms or TV series, re-runs of sporting events and some wonderful new films like "Lethal Weapon 4", "The Fugitive" and "Gladiator" :hyper: :hyper:

We finished up The Crown yesterday and finally started Downton Abbey, and after just one episode, we’ve spotted three plot points that appear to be direct lifts of ‘70’s series Upstairs, Downstairs.

Tonight…we’re still watching Hallmark Christmas movies. Watching the ads for other Hallmark movies (Christmas and otherwise), Scotland seems to be their international location of choice this season. Every other movie is set in Scotland!

Just waiting for tea to finish brewing, then it’ll be a presentation of Agatha Christie’s Witness for the Prosecution - I’ve probably seen at least six versions of this, but I haven’t seen this one.

Just waiting for tea to finish brewing, then it’ll be a presentation of Agatha Christie’s Witness for the Prosecution - I’ve probably seen at least six versions of this, but I haven’t seen this one.
Don't leave that pot unattended, you know how prone to poisoning people Agatha is.

School boy error -
Finally succumbed to a paramount+ subscription because it was the only place I could watch 'Rescue Dawn' and Mr SSOAP likes 'Yellowstone'

I pay for a years subscription at the reduced rate to then discover that film is geotagged and not available in this region. Sod google and their damnable decision to stop UK specific search results!
Went to cancel it but the disappointment on MR SSOAP's face and protests about 'Star Trek Strange New Worlds' means I now have another bl**dy streaming subscription 😠 😆

Here’s everything we watched tonight, starting around 5:30PM:

General Hospital (MrsT)
America’s Funniest Videos (MrsT, though I usually like the animal section)
All Creatures Great & Small
Miss Scarlet & The Duke

Turned it off around 9:30PM.

Back
Top Bottom