What will you be watching on TV tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saturday night's TV was more or less the same as Friday. GBBO final, another episode of Americas, and MotoGP (which again will finish round about 8.15 a.m.). I also managed to squeeze in the F1 qualifying, an episode of Midsomer Murders, and watched "Rome's Sunken City" which I had recorded.

We watched Michael Portillo on his train journey across Australia, he started in Sydney-it brought back many memories :happy:

I love the Netflix show Travels with My Father.
Wifie is always working but off tonight and I’ll try and get her interested.

It's so hilarious picking through all the shows we record every day. We can't possibly get to all of them, but here are some we like:
  • The Terror - Season 2 is set during World War II in a Japanese internment camp. Phenomenally creative and downright scary at times. Further evidence (The Walking Dead, Mad Men, Into the Badlands) that AMC is every bit as formidable at producing quality programming as any of the premium stations.
  • The Good Doctor, New Amsterdam, The Resident - After years of avoiding doctor shows (due to how annoying Grey's Anatomy became), we now find ourselves watching these every week. They're all loaded with great characters, even if the outcomes are sometimes improbable.
  • This Is Us, A Million Little Things - I group these together as family-oriented dramas that sometimes have characters who are just a little bit too perfect. But, we can't stop watching.
  • The Daily Show, John Oliver's Last Week Tonight, The Late Show, The Steven Colbert Show - The current administration has been very good for business. This is the most entertaining way to get the news (though I don't rely on these stations for the news).
  • Vice News, The Weekly - Much more serious takes on the world around us. They don't focus on the administration, which is nice, since there's a lot more going on in the world than just what's going on here.
  • The Connors - Sometimes, we need a break from all the serious stuff.
There are many others. I love The Flash, Supergirl, Luke Cage, Black Lightning...these are all excellent superhero shows, but my wife doesn't care for them, so I have to find other times to watch them.

Like I said, we can't possibly watch all of them, but they're there if we want.

Murican shows here, cold case files, murder chose me, last 48 hrs, web of lives evil kin. I'm kinda into serial killers and true life crime. I have a small library of killer books. We also watch master chef and come dine with me.

Russ

I love the Netflix show Travels with My Father.
Wifie is always working but off tonight and I’ll try and get her interested.
We watch that one. The wife likes it better than I do. A lot of the conflict between Michael and Jack seems heavily scripted and rather forced.

The Late Night Gourmet - I'm a massive Supergirl fan. I think it's the best superhero show on right now.

We watch that one. The wife likes it better than I do. A lot of the conflict between Michael and Jack seems heavily scripted and rather forced.

The Late Night Gourmet - I'm a massive Supergirl fan. I think it's the best superhero show on right now.
Yeah that’s true but the bus trip to Arizona was some of the most hilarious scenes ever. Priceless.

Tonight, it's retro British night (for the most part) - All Creatures Great And Small, Upstairs Downstairs (the original), and then Doc Martin. We finally got the latest series here.

Monday, I watched an episode of Attenborough's Natural Curiosities about animals that live through extreme cold, and am now watching Meet the Bears, which I recorded earlier. Afterwards I shall watch Fifty Shades of Green - about gardens.

It is a great night on tv tonight:
BBC2, 8pm-9pm Masterchef, 9pm-10pm Rick Stein, 10pm-10.30 Live at the Apollo. BBC4, 9pm-10.30pm Rich Hall.
We are going out tonight so we will have a lot of catching up to do.

Does anyone have a show/movie that they go to sleep to every night? I watch Parks and Rec every single night. It is single handily my favorite show. I like the show so much that I designed a custom poker chip set around the theme lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom