What will you be watching on TV tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The TV programmes here are unlikely to be any different from other Wednesdays so I'll likely watch another episode of "Dalziel and Pascoe" and maybe a Christmas compilation of "Mock the Week".

We've been watching too many Christmas-themed movies to mention, and also quite a bit of Christmas episodes from BritBox and Acorn, which each package all their Christmas content into one collection for easy viewing.

Yesterday, though, we did watch "A Charlie Brown Christmas," in which the line, (when CB comes back with that crappy tree) "Boy, are you stupid, Charlie Brown," always makes me laugh. It's the way the little kid voicing the line says it. She sounds like she really means it. :laugh:

Later, during melty cheese time, we watched a Netflix movie with a real plot, and it involved a chef and a restaurant manager. I think they must have skipped on the technical advisor for the chef, because the only cheffy thing they ever showed him doing was wiping down the edge of a plate after some food had been placed on it.

We did watch that new "A Christmas Carol" with Guy Pearce. Mixed feelings on that one, but it's the first version that shows a truly sarcastic Bob Cratchit and Mrs. Cratchit's bare backside ( :eek: ), so yay for that. :)

We've also caught plenty of episodes of classic TV shows from the 50's, '60's, and '70's today, and we'l. Probably continue that. We've seen Christmas episodes of "Bewitched," "Welcome Back, Kotter," stuff like that.

Like about 100-million other people, I watched the Super Bowl. My team wasn't there this year, but it was a very respectable game. It wasn't settled until the last minutes.

CD

We have been watching a documenary on Fleetwood Mac, Stevie Nicks is a babe.

Trivia: Stan Webb of Chicken Shack is 74 years old today. Christine Perfect (now McVie) was their female vocalist before she joined Fleetwood Mac.

Like about 100-million other people, I watched the Super Bowl. My team wasn't there this year, but it was a very respectable game. It wasn't settled until the last minutes.

CD
I forgot it was on! :oops:
As of this morning, I don't even know who won.

Trivia: Stan Webb of Chicken Shack is 74 years old today. Christine Perfect (now McVie) was their female vocalist before she joined Fleetwood Mac.

Rumours came out when I was 11 or 12 years old, and all the boys were crazy about Stevie Nicks, but ever the contrarian, I had a crush on Ms. McVie - both her looks and her voice, and later her songwriting.

Brilliant. One of the best TV series around. I have the full series of both this and "Yes Minister" on DVD.

They still seem relevant today.
It was shown as a tribute to Derek Fowlds who recently passed, all 3 have gone :(

They still make me laugh :laugh:

I too watched super bowl live here, as I have the last few years. Great come back from the Chiefs. ( my team) Williams was a star, apart from mahomes.
Still morning here but tonight will be news at 6 then upstairs about 8.30 to watch sky that was recorded. Forensic files, fbi cases and rick stein when wife goes to bed.

Russ

Tonight, it'll be the latest episode of Doctor Who, the latest episode of The Good Doctor,
and the third episode (of six total) of Requiem on Netflix, and an episode of Cuckoo on Netflix as well.

And what were we watching when the Super Bowl was on? An episode of Miss Marple from about 20 years ago, and then episodes of our favorite current sitcoms; The Goldbergs, The Connors, Superstore, and The Good Place.

Earlier today (working from home) I watched the 1970's cult classic Deathsport, with David Carradine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom