What will you be watching on TV tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We started watching Sandman on Netflix last night. If the rest of the episodes are as good as the first two, then we’re in for a treat.

We also just finished the first six episodes of Slow Horses - I don’t usually like spy stuff, but we really liked that as well.
I'm hooked on the Sandman! But I loved Neil Gaiman waaaay before he was cool :laugh: Neverwhere is my favorite book from him!

I'm hooked on the Sandman! But I loved Neil Gaiman waaaay before he was cool :laugh: Neverwhere is my favorite book from him!
That was my introduction to Neil Gaiman, Neverwhere, but the limited TV series, not the book! I’ve since read the book and seen a play of it.

I went to a talk and reading of his five or so years ago, he’s very entertaining in person.

Over the last three evenings I watched an ITV series called "Karen Pirie" staring Lauren Lyle. It was three episodes each one around 90 minutes long. I found it very interesting.

1664616272752.png

Staged in St. Andrews in Scotland I had downloaded it and watched it on my laptop.

Over the last three evenings I watched an ITV series called "Karen Pirie" staring Lauren Lyle. It was three episodes each one around 90 minutes long. I found it very interesting.

Staged in St. Andrews in Scotland I had downloaded it and watched it on my laptop.
I think that’s just made it to Britbox. I’m going to put it on my watchlist, thanks!

Yeah - based on a Val McDermid novel. She is a great crime writer.

Watching our first Hallmark Christmas movie of the season…it’s a royalty one, though they’ve flipped it - she’s the princess in hiding and he’s the commoner.

We’ve watched two Hallmark Christmas movies, a non-Hallmark Christmas movie (from Brazil, and it was excellent), and a Hallmark Halloween movie so far.

Oh, I thought it had already dropped at AcornTV TastyReuben, the very last episode is scheduled for the 26th of October ... Mom just loves Acorn and BritBox, but trying to explain to her how to use it for herself at her apartment is impossible.
I think it starts on 17 Oct.

We have both Britbox and AcornTV, but both really need to work on the user-friendliness of their interfaces (at least on AppleTV). I was happy when BB finally adopted AppleTV’s subtitles.

I was going to start watching the last ever season of Doc Martin, but I'll wait until we have my Mother over again for Dinner & A Movie night.
We’ve got that marked, it’s coming to Acorn next week.

I just startied watching the latest series. Its so quaint. And of course, not at all what the UK is really like at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom