What would you choose?

Lullabelle

Midlands, England
Local time
10:14 AM
We are going to to lunch later with family to a place we haven't been to for years. The menu looks pretty good. Question in..what would you choose.

Screenshot_20231105-111951_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20231105-111942_Drive.jpg

I am thinking chicken and chorizo rigatoni then apple and blackberry crumble with custard.

The menu was hard for me to read. I'm old, and need new eyeglasses. The only thing that looked good to me was the bacon cheese burger, on a Brioche bun, with fries. I also like fish and chips, if they are cooked properly, but prefer haddock to cod. Prime + Rump Steak seems like an oxymoron, but the British have different tastes in steaks than Texans.

I rarely order dessert at restaurants, so I didn't even look at those. I just don't have much of a sweet tooth.

As long as they have a good kitchen staff, whatever you fancy at the moment should be good.

CD

Last edited:
Ok, the way I read a menu is to get to the first thing that sounds good and stop there, so:

For my starter, the mini Yorkies
For my main, chicken pie
For afters, the blondie

This is fun, BTW, looking at a restaurant’s menu and sharing what we’d order. I hope it takes off!

I'd have a tough time and would be a while deciding. I'd also be asking craig what he was getting so we could share.

I think the first thing I look for in a menu is originality. I also look for fish.
Unless I was dropping in for a quick midweek lunch, I wouldn't choose anything from the first page. Burgers are burgers and I don't do steaks.
On the Dovecote menu, I'd probably choose the panfried seabass, although incongruous "garlic,chilli and herb dressing" might put me off. I'll pass on the dessert and have a sinlge malt to finish off!

I'd have a tough time and would be a while deciding. I'd also be asking craig what he was getting so we could share.
MrsT and I usually do that. We can usually find two things we’d each like, and I’ll order one and she’ll order the other, then we trade halves.

I think the first thing I look for in a menu is originality. I also look for fish.
Unless I was dropping in for a quick midweek lunch, I wouldn't choose anything from the first page. Burgers are burgers and I don't do steaks.
On the Dovecote menu, I'd probably choose the panfried seabass, although incongruous "garlic,chilli and herb dressing" might put me off. I'll pass on the dessert and have a sinlge malt to finish off!

When we go out I try to order something different that I wouldn't normally order or eat at home, I agree that burgers are just burgers so I would never choose those. Usually go for a fish dish but that gets boring after awhile so went for the pate then rigatone.

Normally I don't like to look at the menu before we go, however, as this was big I thought it best because I would soon lose interest looking at so much. Bite-size before is the way to go.

To be fair, the food wasn't the best but we expected that, big menus usually mean mostly prepped a few days in advance and only a few things cooked to order. I won't be in a hurry to go back but it was a fun afternoon catching up with family.

I like this game. Looks like a lot of fun, especially if we get a lot of participants.

Here is a menu from my favorite Dallas chef. I've been there a couple of times, but not lately. What would YOU choose?

1699547131066.png

1699547163194.png

1699547196064.png

Maybe later I'll tell you what I've had.

CD

MrsT and I usually do that. We can usually find two things we’d each like, and I’ll order one and she’ll order the other, then we trade halves.

From your past posts, it seems like it doesn't matter what you each choose to order, MrsT chooses what you each EAT. :laugh:

CD

Back
Top Bottom