What would you choose?

I'm partial to the Caesar - especially as they specify with anchovy. it's incredible how many places put a Caesar on you with no anchovy "because people don't like anchovy" - like people! that's the dish!! order a lettuce salad if you don't like anchovy!

I'd do the mussels - baked? in the shell? need to explore that one a bit....

the rest are too variable for a sure bet. e.g. my preferences for brussel sprouts is rarely met by restos . . .
I agree about the Caesar salad. I also hate when they leave anchovies off a Greek salad.

Caesar for me too with anchovies :hungry:

I love seafood but anchovies are a hard pass, so no Caesar for me. Anyway, I rarely eat salads at restaurants. I stick to hot foods when I'm not sure whether the person making salad practices proper handwashing techniques.

I agree about the Caesar salad. I also hate when they leave anchovies off a Greek salad.

I may be proved wrong but anchovies aren't usually added to a classic Greek salad - maybe because the feta is already salty. Of course you can add anchovies to any salad you want to but I think it would be unusual in Greek salad. Maybe you are thinking of Niçoise (a favourite of mine) which should most definitely include anchovies?

At a local brewery (Lock 27):

IMG_8133.jpeg
IMG_8134.jpeg

Fried cauliflower followed by Fish n chips cos everyone one know batter followed by batter is better 😃
Well, seeing the fish and chips, it’s one of the few times here where it rivals the size of the fish served in the UK - we usually get three or so smaller pieces, but what she just brought out was nearly the size of my calf!

Well, seeing the fish and chips, it’s one of the few times here where it rivals the size of the fish served in the UK - we usually get three or so smaller pieces, but what she just brought out was nearly the size of my calf!

I assume with fish and chips it’s always gonna be big enough to induce a food coma, good luck!

I honestly don't really like this menu at all. Fish and chips may be OK but not with coleslaw and mayo please. If pushed I'd probably go for roasted beet salad.
Here, coleslaw (or potato salad, or macaroni salad) would be very common accompaniments for fish and chips, as well as loads of tartar sauce. Different strokes, I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom