What would you not eat?

Natto: it is also slimy in a seriously WRONG way.
1580051957783.png

From: https://justhungry.com/files/images/natto-stickysticky.jpg

I haven't decided whether or not I'd try durian.

I have yet to smell it - this may or may not be a deciding factor.

At the age of nine I already knew I liked broccoli despite it smelling rather unappealing while cooking. The interesting thing is that I also thought tobacco products stank when being smoked (Mom smoked cigarettes, Dad loved cigars - so I couldn't escape the stuff) Well, at the age of 9 I got to spend a weekend with my also-9 year old cousin, and the foster kid my aunt and uncle had brought in, same age. Foster kid was already a smoker and so we all had cigarettes that weekend.

I remember thinking to myself before I shared the nicotine with them - hey, broccoli smells bad, tobacco smells bad - maybe this will taste good just like broccoli.

It didn't. After about four or five puffs at trying (and no, I didn't choke), I handed the cig back to my cousin and declined more.

MUCH worse than broccoli.

One thing I learned from that is you CAN keep your friends (aka in this case my cousin) even if you don't do exactly what your peers like to do! This stood me in good stead when I got to high school, where peer pressure became more of a thing. Several of my best friends there were the smokers who went off into corners away from the building to smoke, and they never cared that I didn't partake. Unlike some of the non-smoker folk that DID care about other things I really didn't want to do. Such as the serious level of wearing make-up thing, and the being frivolous thing.

Back
Top Bottom