Whatcha drinking (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
$32 ?????? :eek: :eek: :eek: Wow - you just got scr***d!:hyper::hyper::hyper: Mind you, it was a 16 yr old single malt. Single malt is already "premium", and anything over 10 years is "super -premium". Still you could have picked up a whole bottle for between £ 74-84 over here. Never mind. Count it as an experience!!!

$32 ?????? :eek: :eek: :eek: Wow - you just got scr***d!:hyper::hyper::hyper: Mind you, it was a 16 yr old single malt. Single malt is already "premium", and anything over 10 years is "super -premium". Still you could have picked up a whole bottle for between £ 74-84 over here. Never mind. Count it as an experience!!!
Yeah. I've had a couple of bottles back home, lovely drink. That's why I picked it.
Oh well. Won't be coming to Chicago again so it's something to talk about. 😄

Yeah. I've had a couple of bottles back home, lovely drink. That's why I picked it.
Oh well. Won't be coming to Chicago again so it's something to talk about. 😄
Hey, after the exchange rate, I once paid $75US for a pair of dress socks from some fancy-schmancy men’s store in London. I didn’t want to look like a cheapo after walking in and seeing the prices, so I just grabbed a pair of socks and played it off like that’s all I needed. :laugh:

Funny thing is, they’re damn good socks. I bought them in…2009, I wear them all the time, and they’re not worn out at all. I think they’re made out of vibranium.

Magner’s dark cider and a beer:

I’m cooking mushrooms for MrsT (again), and I wanted a little booze to cook them down in, but I didn’t want to open a bottle of wine that she won’t help me drink.

That’s when I remembered this cheap-azz sherry I have in the fridge, and mushrooms in sherry is pretty classic, so I splashed that in, and suddenly felt like I needed a glass, so I embraced my inner Edwardian and had a sip:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom