Whatcha drinking (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have infused vodka with fruit. It is also a popular party gimmick to drill a hole in a watermelon, let the juice drain, and fill it with vodka.

I also make my own vanilla extract, because we can't buy real extract in most stores in Texas because of the alcohol content.

CD

1) years ago people used to take fruit injected with spirits to rugby matches.

2) I would like to know how you do your own extract please!

Russ

Bacardi and Coke...yeah, I have a few "go to" things and that's one of them.

20190408_150937.jpg

coffee Lemon Soda, here still morning.

My personal favorite for rum these days is this one:
View attachment 41767

I used to avoid spiced rum the way I avoid flavored vodka: my feeling usually is that you should get unflavored liquor and then add your own (much purer) flavors later. But, this one isn't obnoxiously spiced, and it's very affordable as well as available even in supermarkets. Plus, a cool bottle and 94 proof are nice bonuses.

Ah, but you don't live in Texas where spirits are ONLY available in stand-alone liquor stores, must close at 9PM, and must be closed on Sundays. We can buy beer and wine at the grocery store, but not between midnight and noon on Sunday, when good people are in church.

As for rum, when my parents lived in Puerto Rico, Bacardi Rum was about 3-bucks a bottle. It was what the homeless drunks drank. The "basic" rum for people with jobs was DonQ.

There is also a difference between Puerto Rican rum and Jamaican rum. I have to admit I like a good Jamaican rum like Appleton.

Craig -- I have REALLY bad memories of one night in high school, a bunch of friends, and way too much Bacardi 151. To this day, I get a little queasy when I see the stuff.

CD

Four boxes, 44 bottles. That was what arrived today (3 x 12, 1 x 8). Some more Hawkshead Brewery Lakeland Gold (as mentioned here previously), a stout from the same brewery and a case of Coyote, brewed by Wolf Brewery in Norfolk. The problem now, apart from having about 27 tons of cardboard to dispose of, is that the kitchen cupboard where we keep beer and wine is full to the brim. I suppose we'll just have to drink a few...

The last of the West Berkshire consignment in the form of Mister Swift, a 3.8% pale ale. This is very nice - it's got a good sharp bitterness balanced by a gentle fruity sweetness and a quite a vigorous taste for something of this strength. Slightly reminiscent of Deuchar's IPA - same strength, same colour, but a touch more bitterness.

A few chilli nuts helped things along nicely.

Craig -- I have REALLY bad memories of one night in high school, a bunch of friends, and way too much Bacardi 151. To this day, I get a little queasy when I see the stuff.

CD

Try a boat load of local cops and watermelons injected with 151. That was a "memorable" day driving that boat. My divemaster (also a local cop) was the guilty party.
:whistling:

Try a boat load of local cops and watermelons injected with 151. That was a "memorable" day driving that boat. My divemaster (also a local cop) was the guilty party.
:whistling:

Were you on Lake Lewisville that day? To this day, nobody knows what boater ran over me on my SeaDoo. :ohmy:

CD

PS: Concussions really suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom