Whatcha drinking (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 61418

MrsT and I don't like IPAs, but this was part of a box set, so we tried it. Here's how it went:

Me: Here, try this, you're probably not going to like it, it's a little bitter and a little fruity.

MrsT: I like you, don't I?

Har-har-hardee-har-har, everyone's a comedian. :laugh:
All of which reminds me of some inadvertent comedy.

A few years ago, Catherine and I went into a pub and among the cask ales was a Welsh beer, Brain's Dark. It's a strong-ish mild that I hadn't drunk for many years and I said, "I'm definitely having that." She said she would try it, adding (unwisely), "I've never had Brain's."

I think it took about 0.0000032 seconds for her to put her hands over her face and mutter, "Oh no."

I had to give that a :( because there is an empty bottle of Maker's in the photo.

CD

lol...........I made my standard Old Fashioned with 2 ounces of the Makers 46. Then I realized that I only had about an ounce left in the bottle. I through it in the glass lol. Screw it!

Don't worry about empty bottles. I always have a stash on hand lol.

Late night baking. Felt festive since Bday tomorrow.

This cocktail actually has a name. Sour? Will recheck. Really like like it. Pure bourbon is too direct for me. This with lemon juice and ice, 👍.😊 Omitted the syrup.

Last edited:
lol...........I made my standard Old Fashioned with 2 ounces of the Makers 46. Then I realized that I only had about an ounce left in the bottle. I through it in the glass lol. Screw it!

Don't worry about empty bottles. I always have a stash on hand lol.
You wouldn't want to see my measurements of rum or gin???

Russ

Late night baking. Felt festive since Bday tomorrow.

This cocktail actually has a name. Sour? Will recheck. Really like like it. Pure bourbon is too direct for me. This with lemon juice and ice, 👍.😊 Omitted the syrup.

View attachment 61481View attachment 61482

Whiskey with honey and lemon is an old tonic for a sore throat, at least in the US. You sip it slowly, and let it gently trickle down your sore throat. It soothes the sore throat... and after a while, you just don't care.

CD

Whiskey with honey and lemon is an old tonic for a sore throat, at least in the US. You sip it slowly, and let it gently trickle down your sore throat. It soothes the sore throat... and after a while, you just don't care.

CD
How amazing! After I shook it in a plastic bottle, acting like a shaker, I heard this swiiish sound. It tasted so inviting!
Had I put honey, would have surely gone for a second cocktail😂and for a newcomer in drinking, donno🤷

Oh yeaaaah, I felt the relaxing do not care effect, so cool😄

Cremed the cake until midnight, which is pass my bedtime. It was a long day, but it was all cool and easy😂✨
The block of sleep between 3-7 am was so sound, I did not notice a weird neck position😄. Woke up feeling neck shoulder stiff...
Did some stretching, all good👍

It's funny how Saturday evening beer always seems to taste nicer when Newcastle win a game. I just wish the beer tasted nicer more often.

At least you didn't have to watch your team go 11-0, and then lose 4 of their last five games. :facepalm:

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom