Whatcha drinking (2023)?

bc5286db-d83f-477c-b8f7-4ba0f39a1252-jpeg.jpg
I note your tastes in beer are improving. Slightly. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I note your tastes in beer are improving. Slightly. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
That’s at the little bar and grill around the corner from my house. That’s far and away the “best” beer they have. Their tap is: Bud Light, Coors Light, Miller Lite, and Yuengling.

Here’s a rarity and a first, both for me making one and MrsT drinking one (this was solely hers:)

887247C2-D8A8-4FFC-88D3-A68A05AB9640.jpeg

That’s an iced coffee cock-“tail,” though it’s big enough to be the whole damn rooster! :laugh:

Here’s the wandering way in which we got here:

We’ve taken to drinking coffee, instead of our usual tea, weekend mornings. I use a French press to make it. I actually use two; a large one for me, and a small one for her decaf.

She’s noticed the last few weeks that she gets one measly cup of coffee, while I return to the kitchen a few times for top-offs:

“How come you’re always getting refills, and I get just the one? And your mug is bigger!”

“I drink more coffee than you, so I use the larger press for mine, and the smaller one for your decaf.”

“Well, I think I want more coffee, too!”

So, this morning, I got up a little earlier, made myself coffee in the big press, poured a cup, poured the rest in an insulated travel mug to hold the temp, rinsed it out, heard MrsT rumbling from the bedroom, so I started hers in the now-clean large press.

I had coffee, she had coffee, we all had coffee, except…she had just the one mug:

“Don’t you want any more coffee? I specifically made yours in the larger press this morning.”

“No, I really think one cup is my limit.”

🫤

I poured the rest of her coffee in a jar and slapped it in the fridge: “Maybe I’ll make you some kind of iced coffee drink this afternoon.”

“I don’t like those.”

🫤🫤

The hours slipped away… 🕰️ …we had breakfast (oatmeal), we had snacks (cheese and crackers), I had a beer (sugar cookie beer, sorry karadekoolaid!)…time for that coffee cocktail!

Looked up a recipe…into a large glass with some ice…into a shaker with some more ice…and cream and Baileys and Kahlua.

Shake-shake-shake.

Into the ice-filled glass…whoops the highball glass is too small - how much does this make, anyway (recipe says one drink - glad I didn’t make a double like I’d normally do)?

Poured the whole mess into a nonic pint glass…topped with the cold coffee…stir, stir, stir…big spray of whipped cream and a grating of mint chocolate (Why not? It’s in the fridge).

Presented it to MrsT…ta-da!

“I told you I don’t like iced coffee. You wasted your time. Looks pretty, though.”

<Sluuuuurp>

“Have you tasted this yet?”

“Nope. All yours.”

“Jesus, this is delicious! Don’t lose the recipe for this!”

😎

The hours slipped away… 🕰️ …we had breakfast (oatmeal), we had snacks (cheese and crackers), I had a beer (sugar cookie beer, sorry @karadekoolaid!)…time for that coffee cocktail!
That´s not beer. That´s an abomination. The Beer Gods will undoubtedly curse you with runny eggs and rubbery pancakes tomorrow.

Had this on the weekend, forgot to post it at the time. A "dark & stormy" featuring a Jamaican rum.
20230403_213550.jpg

I used quotations because technically Gosling Brothers Ltd. company has the patent on the cocktail, and for it to be authentic it must use Gosling's Black Seal Rum.
Meh, my choice of rum was superior.

Back
Top Bottom