Whatcha drinking (2023)?

There will be plenty of drinking tomorrow, before Lent starts on Wednesday. Anyone here giving up alcohol for Lent?
Old joke, but…”I gave up Lent for alcohol.” :wink:

I had to laugh when reading about St. Patrick’s Day - the reason it’s so associated (at least here in the US) with getting blotto 💩-faced drunk isn’t a new phenomenon. It’s been like that for several hundred years, apparently, because certain Christian denominations allowed breaking Lent for one day on St. Patrick’s Day, so people would drink until they passed out, then get back to Lent the next day. There’s always a loophole… :laugh:

breaking Lent for one day on St. Patrick’s Day, so people would drink until they passed out, then get back to Lent the next day. T
.. and that´s also probably why , totally unjustly, there´s an association between Irish and drunkeness. All the Irish blokes I´ve ever known could drink me under the table threefold.

Glad to see RR still being made. I recall it first coming to market and it was made by Molsons (?) but they tried to keep it low key (unusually for a big brewer) with no manufacturer listed on the label.

Rubbish tankard though !!
It was polular for years, then just disappeared. It was one of the original craft beers in the sense that it was darker in colour with a hoppier taste. Most beer in Canada up to that point was blonde ale, pilsners and lagers. And even they were all very similar. Then, RIckard’s started to show up again with new branding. I usually throw a can or two in my basket. I like it more now than I did back then.

.. and that´s also probably why , totally unjustly, there´s an association between Irish and drunkeness. All the Irish blokes I´ve ever known could drink me under the table threefold.
Problem is that the ones I know (some of my inlaws are Irish) is that they keep on drinking once under that same table, chair, bathroom, bedroom, bed...

679290D7-568E-4F22-BFC6-80015BA4C939.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom