Whatcha drinking (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest I really can't judge beers' quality. The only one that tasted like pi*s water was catalan Moritz.

You've got to try some honest good beers, not the mass produced p*zz water beers that are sold just to get people sloppy brained, so they can find acceptance for each other. In Europe, I'm sure you can get some good Belgian, German and Irish/British beers. And you may find something unknown to other members that you can share with us. TR seems have some good judgement on beers. Check out the beers I recently acquired and some that TR has had.

There are a lot of excellent micro-brews available in the USA and I imagine there are similar beers available in Europe.

If you only drink a single beer with a meal, the expensive 'great' beers are affordable. Many people spend more on a case of p*zz water beer for the effect, not the flavor. Beers offer a great variety of flavors and smoothness that should be enjoyed for taste and food accompaniment.

As for alcohol, a little is ok. Most people don't know it, but the human body actually produces a small amount of alcohol naturally during digestion of certain foods, but not enough to have deleterious effects. And certainly, the moderate intake of a single beer or glass of wine with a meal does not subject one to such deleterious effects. That offers up the possibility to explore beers as you would good wines, for flavor variety and match-ups with certain foods, even cooking with beer as an ingredient, as you might wine.

1629915865994.png

A very nice Cleveland beer:
View attachment 70216

How sweet is it? I find that a lot of American breweries that brew the Märzen style tend to be. After all these years wondering why, I finally read an interesting article that explains the reasons, as well as the history. I didn’t realize that beer tents in Germany don’t serve that style during Oktoberfest anymore.

How sweet is it? I find that a lot of American breweries that brew the Märzen style tend to be. After all these years wondering why, I finally read an interesting article that explains the reasons, as well as the history. I didn’t realize that beer tents in Germany don’t serve that style during Oktoberfest anymore.
It's definitely not hoppy, which is a good thing, both for the style and for my personal tastes. It's a good example of a märzen, but not a spectacular one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom