Whatcha drinking (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a doppelbock bier with my meal today.

full.jpg

I'd nearly forgotten how good a fine doppelbock can taste, - wonderful.

Caseydog's Rule #473: The best beer in the world is FREE beer. The worst beer in the world is NO beer.

CD
I was at one of our German clubs, where I used to be a member, and I'd gotten there early for a membership meeting:

Me: Hi, Gar, can I get a half of Franzi while I'm waiting?

Gary The Bartender: Sure, but we had a wedding reception here on Sunday and there's a bunch of cans of Coors back here if you want one...they're free.

Me: 🤔 ... :headshake:

Caseydog's Rule #473: The best beer in the world is FREE beer. The worst beer in the world is NO beer.

CD
My first home bartending book had chapters on wine and spirits and mixology and all that, including beer.

The beer chapter started with a paragraph that was very much like this:

"There is no finer beer produced in the world today than Budweiser's flagship beer. Quite simply, no maker spends more time and money on crafting their product than the master brewers who create such a premium quality beverage. Serve this beer to your guests and they will know you are a host who truly appreciates them and they, in turn, will talk for years of their experience in your home."

Flipped over the back cover, found the fine print, "Printed in conjunction with the Anheuser-Busch Corporation, St. Louis, MO."

:laugh:

I was at one of our German clubs, where I used to be a member, and I'd gotten there early for a membership meeting:

Me: Hi, Gar, can I get a half of Franzi while I'm waiting?

Gary The Bartender: Sure, but we had a wedding reception here on Sunday and there's a bunch of cans of Coors back here if you want one...they're free.

Me: 🤔 ... :headshake:

Actually, on a really HOT day, Coors Light in longneck bottles, submerged completely in a cooler full of ice is something I like. It goes back to my days working pipeline construction in the summers between college years. We ended every work day with Coors Light longnecks that had been in a big cooler full of ice all day.

CD

Actually, on a really HOT day, Coors Light in longneck bottles, submerged completely in a cooler full of ice is something I like. It goes back to my days working pipeline construction in the summers between college years. We ended every work day with Coors Light longnecks that had been in a big cooler full of ice all day.

CD
Not really a beer drinker but, Coors Light long necks are what I drink when I do have a beer. And like Casey - ICE cold. Sometimes i even get a glass and pour the beer over the top.. yea… i know… let the jokes begin 🤣🤣🤣

Not really a beer drinker but, Coors Light long necks are what I drink when I do have a beer. And like Casey - ICE cold. Sometimes i even get a glass and pour the beer over the top.. yea… i know… let the jokes begin 🤣🤣🤣

Longneck beer bottles are like pickup trucks, chicken fried steak and cowboy boots in Texas. Any real Texan can open one using the bumper of his truck. "Flicking" the bottle tops at a trash can across the room used to be a fun drinking game back in my college days.

Longnecks really became famous in the 80's with the movie, Urban Cowboy, staring John Travolta. Here is the famous shot of Travolta holding his Lone Star Beer longneck (the movie saved the brewing company).

Screen Shot 2021-08-22 at 6.12.02 PM.jpg

CD

Any real Texan can open one using the bumper of his truck.
A resourceful home cook can open a beer bottle with their cooking tongs. I had to laugh when I caught a rare post-Kimball episode of America's Test Kitchen and during the tong review, Bridgette demonstrated popping the top on a cold one. I'm doubtful that would have been allowed on Kimball's watch. :laugh:

A resourceful home cook can open a beer bottle with their cooking tongs. I had to laugh when I caught a rare post-Kimball episode of America's Test Kitchen and during the tong review, Bridgette demonstrated popping the top on a cold one. I'm doubtful that would have been allowed on Kimball's watch. :laugh:

Yeah, but it's not as cool as popping a top off with a truck bumper. 🤠

CD

To be honest I really can't judge beers' quality. The only one that tasted like pi*s water was catalan Moritz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom