Whatcha drinking (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a beef meatball yellow curry tonight. 1/3 of the curry paste went into the meatballs and the rest into a coconut sauce with lots of fresh veg.
I drank this local brew with it.

I did something real nice with Earl Grey in this California heat wave, - iced honey lemon Earl Grey tea.

full.jpg

This was brewed hot from 4 tea bags in 5 cups of water in my coffee machine. It was allowed to cool to room temperature after mixing in honey and lemon juice, then refrigerated over night.

In the morning, a glass was filled with ice cubes and the tea poured in over them.

Our house is 17 years old, and that's the same thing I said to a handyman we're hiring for a few jobs around the house.

Oh, save up that expensive beverage money, you are entering the Twilight Zone of home ownership. Good bye cognac, hello new water heater. Good bye prime rib, hello new air conditioner.

CD

Oh, save up that expensive beverage money, you are entering the Twilight Zone of home ownership. Good bye cognac, hello new water heater. Good bye prime rib, hello new air conditioner.

CD
Our problem is that we're 75% sure we're moving in the next five years, so that affects the home repairs we do, meaning if we move...new shingle roof, but if we stay...new metal roof (more expensive, but I'd never have to worry about a roof again).

Same thing with a generator - we want a generator, but if we're staying, we'd like a whole-house one.

Our problem is that we're 75% sure we're moving in the next five years, so that affects the home repairs we do, meaning if we move...new shingle roof, but if we stay...new metal roof (more expensive, but I'd never have to worry about a roof again).

Same thing with a generator - we want a generator, but if we're staying, we'd like a whole-house one.

Whole house backup generators are very popular on the Texas Gulf coast. There are waiting lists in some places to get one, if you wait until hurricane season starts.

CD

"I never quite acquired a taste for Scotch whiskey. I like Tennessee whiskey, and Kentucky Bourbon whiskey, but just never quite got to like Scotch. I have friends who love it, and I've tried different ones that they have offered me, but it just doesn't work for me."

Scotch whisky is made with malted barley, water and yeast. Bourbon is made with maize ( sweet corn) water and yeast. No big deal - they´re both distilled spirits and each has a particular taste. I´m a super-fan of single malt Scotch, but a couple of years back, i was in the Woodford Estates Bourbon Distillery and enjoyed every moment. Everyone to their own.
I hear you. I am in the minority of Scotch drinkers in that I do not like anything too peaty. My uncle gifted me a bottle of Laphroaig and that smokey, peaty combo is just not doing it for me. Scotch, whiskey/whisky, and bourbon are all worlds of their own, each with their own complexities. Fascinating stuff.

Way back in 2001, I actually visited the Laphroaig Distillery . Extraordinary tour. Peaty Scotch is not to everyone´s taste, so I´d go for something a bit smoother; a Speyside whisky such as Aberlour, the Balvenie, the Glenlivet or the Macallan, where the water used in the process comes from the river Spey rather than from peat bogs.

Way back in 2001, I actually visited the Laphroaig Distillery . Extraordinary tour. Peaty Scotch is not to everyone´s taste, so I´d go for something a bit smoother; a Speyside whisky such as Aberlour, the Balvenie, the Glenlivet or the Macallan, where the water used in the process comes from the river Spey rather than from peat bogs.
Aye, Balvenie is good stuff. I have yet to try the others.

A 25cl bottle of Falanghina White Wine.. first time I see it!

View attachment 69152
Aaaahhhhhhh!!!!!

FALANGHINA!!?????

Our favourite white, we get it from a deli in Nottingham, expensive but glorious. See also a Spanish red Mala Vida which we could drink all day, beginning with breakfast.

I got some flexible plastic drinking straws today (finally) and made some iced lemonade.

full.jpg

No, I couldn't find any kids locally with a lemonade stand. Nor could I find any doing car washes. I guess that can be blamed on the covid pandemic - right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom