What's for dinner tonight??

Status
Not open for further replies.

joycemcgregor

Veteran
Local time
12:05 PM
Yesterday and today it is in the low, low 70's so it is definitly a night for soup. Alabama is so hot in the summer time that I do not like to heat up the house making soup. I am going to make bean soup with polish sausage diced up in it and Mexican corn bread for with it. I always look forward to the cooler weather coming so I can make soups and stews with some kind of home made bread for with it. It is going to get back into the high 80's in the next couple of days so I figured I would jump on this bit of cool weather to make soup. What is for dinner at your house?

Yesterday and today it is in the low, low 70's so it is definitly a night for soup. Alabama is so hot in the summer time that I do not like to heat up the house making soup. I am going to make bean soup with polish sausage diced up in it and Mexican corn bread for with it. I always look forward to the cooler weather coming so I can make soups and stews with some kind of home made bread for with it. It is going to get back into the high 80's in the next couple of days so I figured I would jump on this bit of cool weather to make soup. What is for dinner at your house?
Wow, that sounds delicious. I think I am going to have hamburger helper. I have a scalloped cabbage dish I made yesterday. I will have that as well. I do love bean soup and the addition of the sausage and the Mexican cornbread sounds super. I have a lot of cheese sauce left...but I am making a stronganoff HH so I think that would not mix well together.

Wow, that sounds delicious. I think I am going to have hamburger helper. I have a scalloped cabbage dish I made yesterday. I will have that as well. I do love bean soup and the addition of the sausage and the Mexican cornbread sounds super. I have a lot of cheese sauce left...but I am making a stronganoff HH so I think that would not mix well together.

Please do tell what 'scalloped cabbage' is. I know about scalloped potato, but I've not heard of this.

Honestly, we have no dinner for tonight so I called up my husband. It is a rainy day and I guess broiling/grilling chicken is not a good idea. How about chicken soup? My husband did not agree either so I guess we would have pot roast for tonight. When served with vegetable salad and steaming white rice, I tend to eat a lot so I guess I would have to skip the midafternoon snack so I could eat to my heart's delight the pot roast for dinner.

We had macaroni, hamburger and tomatoes..kept it simple. Tonight we having bbq chicken breasts with a baked potato and veggies.
I am really looking forward to it. Chicken is one of my favorite things to have for dinner.

We had pork fried rice last night with spring rolls. Tonight the plan is to have macaroni, hamburger, in a cheesy tomato sauce. It's my kids favourite meal. Quick and easy. Today is also crazy hot, 32C with the humidex so I am rethinking supper and maybe I'll ask my husband to bbq some chicken instead.

I'm having Chinese molo soup in this cold rainy weather. Molo is basically meatballs wrapped in rice paper mixed in with chicken soup. It's pretty good and it fills your stomach really well. It has an umami taste and garlicky seasoning.

I had potato and leek soup, with a piece of bread. Spring is on it's way but it's still a little bit chilly here in NZ.

I had chicken soup piece of bread toast, along with it chicken rice with butter.

I was searching for anything Mexican or anything similar to Chipotle food and found a recipe for a Tamales really. I searched for the corn husks and the corn flour and the needed ingredients and followed the video tutorial. I was amazed how you can use the corn husks to hold the dough together and it also added flavor to it. I think this recipe is quite versatile because I know I can put anything to it .

I'm having tenderloin steak tonight cooked medium well with a lot of S&P, a splatter of butter and thyme leaves. I'm pairing it up with a good red wine, pinot perhaps and some French beans on the side. I'm celebrating today cause I got into the workshop I applied for months ago. :)

I just had some barbecue chicken and fries. It was brought in and was not nearly as good as mine but hey, I won't complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom