What's going on in your garden (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great weather continues in Southern Finland. Mosquitoes and horseflies thrive as well. They own the hammock.
kukka_a.jpg

kukka_b.jpg

Last edited:
We now have a small garden on the side and back area overlooking an olive grove. The lavender and rosemary are growing like a weed. This year we are just messing around on the side area. We have just bought various herbs and a chili. Mrs B dug out the center of the palm stump for a flower pot.
1624008616024.png
1624008641428.png
1624008664713.png
1624008695442.png
1624008728160.png
1624008750089.png

Last edited:
I got up early and did the backyard work while it was nice and cool outside. The peppers and herbs are looking good. I planted too late this year to get many peppers before it gets too hot for them to set fruit, but I have a few. I should have a good "second season" when September rolls around. I get my best and most plentiful pepper harvest in September and October, and sometimes into early November.

Peppers and herbs...

IMG_1500.JPG

The rest of the backyard (with a large, almost dead bush I need to have removed on the left) -- oh, and a poodle...

IMG_1502.JPG

CD

Last edited:
I got up early and did the backyard work while it was nice and cool outside. The peppers and herbs are looking good. I planted too late this year to get many peppers before it gets too hot for them to set fruit, but I have a few. I should have a good "second season" when September rolls around. I get my best and most plentiful pepper harvest in September and October, and sometimes into early November.

Peppers and herbs...

View attachment 65687

The rest of the backyard (with a large, almost dead bush I need to have removed on the left) -- oh, and a poodle...

View attachment 65688

CD

Its looking good - almost like an English garden with all that red brick, green turf and the water(?) thing on the wall. That's a nice feature.

Its looking good - almost like an English garden with all that red brick, green turf and the water(?) thing on the wall. That's a nice feature.

That is a wall hanging fountain. I need to replace the pump -- the Big Freeze killed it. It makes a nice sound on a quiet night.

The brick wall where the fountain hangs is my garage, and the brick wall on the left is my neighbor's garage. It makes a nice, small yard -- almost like a courtyard.

I need to build a new wooden screen -- taller to hide the new and taller AC unit.

The back half of the yard is covered in crushed granite. The area where Psycho-Poodle is sniffing around is river rock (AKA: egg rock). It is a pathway to the side door on my garage.

CD

Last edited:
Garden update:
Florida rainy season began earlier this month and my lawn is very grateful since the sprinklers are broken :laugh:
Mango tree continues to drop a mango every other day, and they are getting sweeter and bigger!
The star fruit tree is [once again] not showing any signs of blossoming :headshake:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom