What's going on in your garden (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not my garden, but the neighbor’s:

Picked fresh about 7AM this morning, still warm when I ate a few at around 10AM.

I finally got a monarch butterfly on my liatris! This plant was advertised to me as a “monarch butterfly magnet” when I bought it.

I’m planning to add more pollinator plants to the garden over the next few years. Monarchs have recently been declared endangered. This year I planted butterfly weed and liatris (plus bee balm, but it died) and next year I plan to take the patch of dirt next to my front door where nothing grows and see if I can get some milkweed going there. Milkweed grows (6ft tall!) out of the cracks between the stones in my parents’ patio, maybe it’ll grow in my dirt patch too.

52ABBFFA-2CCF-40CA-AAC2-E8731352F210.jpeg

There are plenty of leaves although some are not easy to harvest. The tree is around 6 metres tall.

You need a very long walking stick to hook them down - unless you fancy climbing a ladder. They are best used fresh (dried they lose almost all flavour) so you only need a few at a time.

You need a very long walking stick to hook them down - unless you fancy climbing a ladder. They are best used fresh (dried they lose almost all flavour) so you only need a few at a time.

I haven't climbed a ladder in twenty odd years (except a step ladder in the house - and that's rare).

We have a tree trimmer on the end of a long pole which should assist in cutting the high fruits/leaves. Although I cannot imagine ever having a need for that many.

It's a big ole tree......... (the wall is 1.60m high)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom