What's going on in your garden (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That garden looks very smart. Juniper? Juniper is a tree so not sure that the ground cover can be that. Maybe there is another plant called juniper I don't know of...

Edit: Juniper can be quite a low lying shrub. Now the question is, does your juniper produce berries? Great for cooking...

I don't know about the UK, but in the US, there are all kinds of Juniper varieties, from trees to bushes and ground covers. Mine do not produce berries, or at least it never has. That's okay, I don't like them, anyway.

CD

So I think I am allergic to the juniper shrub growing at my in-laws. We had a social distancing party this past Friday. I sat next to the juniper bush for about 4 hours, and I touched it a few times as i was discussing it with my in-laws.

I woke up in the early morning hours and vomited violently several times, and the next morning I had a rash on one hand and arm, my eyes were bloodshot, and they and the rest of my face were swollen, even my lips were swelled up. I ate exactly the same food that the other 5 people did. I had 1 glass of wine and had water the rest of the night, so it wasn't drinking related.

I iced my eyes and face and took benadryl Saturday and Sunday, but it was Monday morning before I looked normal again.

Raspberry bush

Basil, lettuce, tomato plants

Tomato plant gone wild

So I think I am allergic to the juniper shrub growing at my in-laws. We had a social distancing party this past Friday. I sat next to the juniper bush for about 4 hours, and I touched it a few times as i was discussing it with my in-laws.

I woke up in the early morning hours and vomited violently several times, and the next morning I had a rash on one hand and arm, my eyes were bloodshot, and they and the rest of my face were swollen, even my lips were swelled up. I ate exactly the same food that the other 5 people did. I had 1 glass of wine and had water the rest of the night, so it wasn't drinking related.

I iced my eyes and face and took benadryl Saturday and Sunday, but it was Monday morning before I looked normal again.

I've had a similar reaction too, but I don't know what sets it off.my lips swell up for some reason. I take hay fever pills and it goes down. About once a year, and I can't pin it down to one thing.

Russ

I have allergies to tree and grass pollen already, but not rashes, at least not often. I usually just get sniffly, scratchy throat, puffy eyes, and sometimes a headache, but it goes away quickly with antihistamine. Not this time.

That looks like ours 6 months ago. Do you make raspberry jam/ jelly ?

Russ
It's a young plant, I put it in the ground a few years ago. This is the first year it's produced much. I eat the berries with yogurt. I'm not much of a jam person...I like toast with butter, no jam, and don't eat peanut butter sandwiches, though I did when I was a kid. I do like cheesecakes, pancakes, and ice cream with fresh fruit. I'll probably give what I can't eat to MIL.

It's a young plant, I put it in the ground a few years ago. This is the first year it's produced much. I eat the berries with yogurt. I'm not much of a jam person...I like toast with butter, no jam, and don't eat peanut butter sandwiches, though I did when I was a kid. I do like cheesecakes, pancakes, and ice cream with fresh fruit. I'll probably give what I can't eat to MIL.

I freeze as I pick, when I get 500gms I make coulis as well. So nice on ice cream. I got 3x 300 ml bottles last summer.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom