What's it used for?!

Is it for smoking food - so you put wood chips in it perhaps?

Yep, it's a cold smoking device. You pack it with very fine wood chips, set it alight at the right lower corner, and it is supposed to last for 7-8 hours. There's actually a tea light under it, but most of the reviews said they didn't bother with that and used a butane torch to light. We'll see how well it works once it's used. They had round ones and square ones too, but I liked the shape of this one.

Last edited:
Yep, it's a cold smoking device. You pack it with very fine wood chips, set it alight at the right lower corner, and it is supposed to last for 7-8 hours. There's actually a tea light under it, but most of the reviews said they didn't bother with that and used a butane torch to light. We'll see how well it works once it's used. They had round ones and square ones too, but I liked the shape of this one.

Phew! I'm glad we got there eventually. :D

How did I miss this thread? I have one of those, but mine is square!

I just use my hands
Me too, I find it by far the easiest way - less washing up too :okay:

There's actually a tea light under it, but most of the reviews said they didn't bother with that and used a butane torch to light.
I have the square version and it works pretty well. You're right not to bother with the tea light - a blowtorch is much easier to get it going,

What is THIS utensil?
714KcwSIMyL._SL1500_.jpg

I know and I know where you got it from. I won't answer to see if others get it. I thought about ordering one but decided I'll get one in a more traditional form if I do.

Back
Top Bottom