What's the best way to remove the shell of hard boiled eggs?

I will rinse the egg in cold water but only for about a minute. The egg is still pretty hot and can be hard to touch for extended periods of time, but to make up for this I just put it down often. I then put the lid on the pot I used to boil the egg and shake the egg around in it, there are enough cracks in the egg that I just gently pull the shell off in a few large pieces. I have never had much success removing the shell from a hard boiled egg when the egg is cool but when it is warm-hot I always find it very easy to do.

I usually crack it open a bit and use the thin film inside to pull out everything. It usually works for me, but admittedly not all the time. I don't boil eggs that often so the circumstances for it are always different, but in general the film trick helps.

After boiling, I put the eggs in the freezer for about 10 minutes. Then, I roll the egg on a surface to crack the shell. It's much easier to peel eggs this way.

I pour out the hot water from the pan and replace it with cold. Wait a minute and it should be ready to peal. Cold water causes the egg to sweat under the shell so the shell will peal off mch easier.

I, too, was having difficulty at first. Just imagine having a bite then the shell gets included. It's just so annoying. So, I tried various ways. So far, the most effective is by hitting it on a hard surface and making sure that the shell has a single huge crack and you can start peeling it off in just a second.

I let them cool first inside the fridge or put them on an ice bath. After a few minutes I put them on any container with enough space then shake and roll until they crack a bit. Start peeling

Roll the chilled egg on the work top to crack the shell with your palm of your hand ,then they should peel easily

Putting hard boiled eggs in a bowl of cold water for a few minutes makes it easier for me to peel them. This has worked well for me and is my way of peeling them.

I always run the eggs under cold water first. This stops the sulphur ring from forming, then I lightly tap the eggs on a hard surface and peel. Sometimes I'll peel them under the running water and the shell comes away easily and cleanly. I think when you are making hard boiled eggs I've heard it's better to use older eggs not fresh eggs too.

Back
Top Bottom