What's this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its someone souped up egg flinger used in egg flinging contests...not that i have ever heard of an egg flinging contest but thats my guess.

...or maybe something use in a jello shot game.

I think its someone souped up egg flinger used in egg flinging contests...not that i have ever heard of an egg flinging contest but thats my guess.

...or maybe something use in a jello shot game.

Oddly enough although you are wide off the mark (pun) you have touched on something here!

Is it used to crack the top of a boiled egg shell?

You got it! Well done. :woot: The idea is that it can be used to form a perfect clean cut. I've not quite succeeded in that yet - but practice make perfect. Best result so far:

20181118_150007.jpg

20181118_145712.jpg

You know i swear this egg top broken off thing is like the most british food item i have ever seen...i have never come across eggs being served like this in the states but on every british tv show they show eggs eaten in this manner.

We eat soft boiled eggs in egg cups often. My boy just had one yesterday. I saw the egg cup in the drainboard.

I guess you have to prefer lesser cooked eggs, though.

I was raised eating raw eggs on very cold winter days. They were mixed into chocolate milk. My mom's idea of a healthy breakfast when you needed to keep warm. She used to call it Norwegian eggnog.

I do not like a runny egg...hard boiled....really hard...omelets...scrambled...that yolk better be solid for me.

.i have never come across eggs being served like this in the states but on every british tv show they show eggs eaten in this manner.

I think it is a very Brit thing. And I gather that a lot of homes in the US don't possess an eggcup. Although I think in the US it may be a regional thing judging by what @buckytom says above. Certainly in the UK almost every household will have eggcups and unless they are vegans almost everyone will have eaten eggs in this way. They are often served like this fr breakfast, with bread or toast 'soldiers' to dip. I think they may be found in NZ and AUS too. @rascal?

A quick poll, maybe....

Difficult to find egg cups around these parts. We did have two but one broke.

boiled eggs s.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom