What's your choice of fruit today?

My chocie of fruit every morning is a banana with my coffee. It fulls me up for the day it gives me energy and it's the right amount of sugar I need.

Banana. I'm trying to learn the difference between Lacatan and Latundan, so I had a couple of both. I don't taste the difference. I hope that one batch is mislabeled.

Double-posting to say: I prefer Lacatan bananas.

Also, it's summer time! Did I mention that I've fortunate enough to live where the best mango cultivar in the whole world grows? And this is the season for it? Introducing, the calabao mango (I guess, also called a champagne mango, or a honey mango: )

PIC_1313.JPG

They're usually bigger. They really are that yellow, though. I might have said elsewhere, but the flesh is most similar to peaches... maybe I should specify tinned peaches, but of course this tastes fresher. It's juicy, can bruise semi-easily, and the ripe flavor can range from mildly tart to sweet-without-a-trace-of-sickliness. Although, unripe mango sap can burn the skin like garlic juice.

It doesn't have a strong smell, but I held one in my hand and kept sniffing the skin on the way back from the grocery.

The Sweet Elena is supposed to be the best of the best variety.

Watermelon and strawberries are not only my fruit of the day but of the week. Still able to find some fresh strawberries for sale at the local farms due to a late start on the season. Yum!

Bananas and blueberries. I have a banana every morning for potassium and I also like them as an addition to my breakfast because they are filling. I have been eating a lot of blueberries lately because I bought a bunch when they were on sale and froze them all for a frozen sweet snack that would be good for me. I also add blueberries to my cereal or oatmeal.

Manilkara zapota has the texture of a fragrant pear without the tangy flavor...or of grainy homestyle peanut butter. I used to avoid this fruit--okay, not really avoid, just not notice, because it's so plain. It's just this round tan thing. But it's so soft and not too sweet, so I think this might be my new favorite for as long as it's in season.

Canistel, a.k.a. Pouteria campechiana, has the taste and texture of sweetened cooked pumpkin. This is so strange to me.

Strawberries for me, like most days. I just cannot get enough of these little red fruits!

It's a bit boring - but I'm overdosing on grapes today. Red variety - seedless!

Everyday every morning, I blend fruits...apple and kiwi together with cucumber and carrot and this is already part of my breakfast...and this really do wonders for my health...

I've just eaten a fresh apple, and for breakfast I mixed some blackberries into my oatmeal.

I go out at least once a week at this time of year to forage free fruit from trees and bushes growing in the wild. Last week I came back with a tub full of blackberries and a big bowl of apples. I shall do the same this week and every week until the season is over.

Today, so far, I've had a tangerine. Hmmm ... delicious and juicy. :happy:

I have been trying to eat a lot more healthy lately, so I've been buying tons more fruit than I have in the past.

We just picked up the groceries on Saturday so I have some great choices available for today. I can choose from bananas, watermelon, cantaloupe, strawberries, and blueberries. Hmmm.. that's a hard choice and I'm not sure which I will have for lunch. Maybe the only answer is to mix them all up and have a fruit salad. Oh yes, that does sound nice. Thank you for helping me decide what I'll be having for lunch! :thumbsup:

I've been eating a lot of blueberries these past few days.I feel like the season is coming to an end and I have been getting some delicious berries from my farmer's market. I like to freeze them and have them for a snack. They can also double as dessert!

I've been eating a lot of blueberries these past few days.I feel like the season is coming to an end and I have been getting some delicious berries from my farmer's market. I like to freeze them and have them for a snack. They can also double as dessert!
I love blueberries they say it helps prevents diabetes. but I dont know if its true or not.

Back
Top Bottom