What's your choice of fruit today?

Sweetkymom

Veteran
Local time
7:59 AM
I was welcomed to strawberries and bananas at work this morning so I chose those for breakfast. I then had a strawberry shortcake for lunch. Strawberries is my fruit today, obviously.

What's your choice of fruit today?

Mangoes! Today I ate two mangoes. They were in my fridge and would go bad if I didn't eat them. The first one was so delicious I had to eat the second! Although the second wasn't as sweet, they were still very tasty and refreshing!

I really like peaches packed in juice or water - no sugar necessary. However, haven't been able to make it to the store lately. So I had chilled pear halves that are good in hot weather but they are not my favorite.

Bananas - a lot of bananas, especially when they're soaked in sugar and deep-fried in the pan. And then you soak it again in sugar for the sake of sweetness, haha.

Pineapple. I bought a full one, already peeled and cored, from the supermarket and have sliced it up, I will nibble on it throughout the day. Pineapple is one of my favourite fruits, they are so refreshing.

Have a couple of peaches which will probably end up being used as a dessert. So peaches for today, I think bananas for tomorrow.

sadly I can eat very little fruit because of something called a geographic tongue. Don't look this up if you are squeamish and about to eat! Basically if you were to bite your tongue and then drink some lemon juice - that is what it is like for me all of the time! The condition is untreatable (or at least my variation of it is), so I can only consume a little fruit when my tongue is good. Keeping my zinc levels very high (like 300% of the RDA) keeps it under enough control for me to eat a little fruit such as dates or dried apricots, but fruits such as bananas and pineapple I have never been able to have.

Today, I suspect I won't manage anything other than the avocado I had for lunch! Not exactly the fruit I think you were expecting, but technically I believe it is a fruit! :D

I have a bag of frozen fruit I'm going to whip out in a second! The mix has strawberries, pineapples, peaches, mangoes and papaya. I let them defrost for about twenty minutes so they're still have frozen when I eat them!

I have a bag of frozen fruit I'm going to whip out in a second! The mix has strawberries, pineapples, peaches, mangoes and papaya. I let them defrost for about twenty minutes so they're still have frozen when I eat them!

That would be nice with some natural yoghurt.

I really love Asian pears or apple pears. They are a combination of a pear and apple plus they are incredibly juicy. They used to be very pricey, but the price has dropped radically since they have become more popular.

I love peaches and I ate some out of a can just a few days ago. They taste great since they've been drenched in syrup, although, I've recently gotten curious what actual fresh peaches would taste like because unfortunately, I've never had one that didn't come from a can.

Currently, I'm up early snacking on these dried mango slices. I'll probably take a banana to work with me.

Avocado.

Why this is my choice today has to do with chemistry and culinary puns equating "mole" with "guacamole" and "Avogrado's number" with "avocado's number" that made me laugh much, much, much harder than it should have.

I always start my day with a banana but that is routine for me. Strawberries are starting to come in but they are never as good as the ones I used to grow so until they are local, i try to avoid them. For some reason, I picked up some tangerines that looked good the other day. They are fantastic. As Canada is not exactly the citrus capital of the world, this type of fruit is pretty hit and miss - with a lot of miss.

Back
Top Bottom