What's your favorite fruit?

I love all fruits but I will have to say plums with nectarines as a close second! I wish I had several more plum trees in my yard.

Nothing beats pears. Perhaps some of the most exotic exotic fruits like kiwis or papayas. Strawberries are cool too, especially if it's used as an ingredient, or sliced into a yoghurt.

There are lots of types of fruit I like so I wouldn't want to pick out a single favourite. This isn't a definitive list, but just a few I really like:

Strawberries - provided they are in season and grown fairly locally. You just don't get the same flavour from the ones that are grown abroad and flown in.
Raspberries - we grow these at home and they tend to ripen around my birthday, so are a bit special to me.
Apples - Cox's Orange Pippins for preference.:hungry:
Pears - we have a pear tree but it's pretty old (probably in place before the house was built) and doesn't produce much fruit any more.
Damsons - :hungry::hungry: love these - they are sweet, juicy and full of flavour. My grandparents had a very productive damson tree so I associate them with happy times.
Plums - again, local and in season preferred as imports seem pretty tasteless. Shame the plum tree in the garden got diseased and stopped bearing fruit.:(

Nothing beats a mango, in countries where they grow in abundance. They taste so much better than mangoes brought in colder climates. At home though I'll opt for some of my other favorites, including strawberries and pink grapefruit.

I love pears. When I was growing up my nana had a few apple and pear trees in her back. I loved going out in the morning and just pick my own pears.

Fresh fruit is one of my favorite foods - especially on a hot day. It's like nature's dessert! Personally, my favorite fruit is probably pineapple. We buy it pre-cut from Trader Joe's and it is absolutely divine.

Anyway, I'd love to hear from you guys what your all-time favorite fruits are.

I too love fresh fruits -- with peaches and grape fruit to be my favorites. I can eat those any time of the day, all day! Especially grape fruit. They have a ton of heath benefits for the body, skin, and in general. In fact, headed out now to do a little grocery shopping.

Mango is my favorite fruit. It is so sweet and tastes really good. It is a great dessert for summer.

Guavas are the best, as long as you can get them locally and ripe. They do not ship well because once they ripen they don't last. If you pick them more than about 2 days before they ripen, they don't. Custard apples are also like that.

My favorite fruit are peaches. From their sweet taste to juicy flesh, peaches are delicious to me. Sliced peaches also go well in vanilla ice cream.

Fresh-Peach-Topping-GI-365-7.jpg

(Great Combo)

I'm not a huge fruit person. I rarely eat fruits and rarely crave them. Bad, I know. They are so good for your health and compliment your desserts so nicely. There is only one fruit I will eventually crave, which is mangos. I do occasionally eat a banana or an apple, or grapes (less often), but mangos are the only ones that make my mouth water sometimes!

Mangos are great, especially the ones grown in South Florida, but I really like quavas. I also like "pawpaws", the versions of custard apples found in North America. In Florida we have dwarf pawpaws, but they are really hard to find because the coons and possums think that they are the best fruit there is. The plants are plentiful, but the fruit gets picked before you can find them.

I love all fruits but the best must be prickly pears, peel 'em and put 'em in the fridge for a while to nice and cool, man, they're de-lish, unfortunately it is a seasonal fruit so it's not availabe all year round, 2nd fav, strawberries and cream:wacky:

I love all fruits but the best must be prickly pears, peel 'em and put 'em in the fridge for a while to nice and cool, man, they're de-lish, unfortunately it is a seasonal fruit so it's not availabe all year round, 2nd fav, strawberries and cream:wacky:
Here in Florida they are almost always available. I agree that they are delicious. The wild native variety is more seasonal, but the imported varieties are closer to everbearing. We can always buy them at the grocery stores.

I love most fruits. Especially mangoes, strawberries, pomegranates, blood oranges, and peaches.

I love berries, especially blueberry! If I could have that to every dessert I would. I also like grapes and mangoes though they have a lot of sugar content as well as peaches! Lately my mom is forcing me to eat watermelons but I just can't. :p: And of course bananas, I love them!

Back
Top Bottom