What's Your Favorite Kitchen Appliance?

karadawn

Veteran
Local time
3:25 PM
Excluding an oven/stove, is there a specific appliance or electric toy for the kitchen that you use on a regular basis?

My favorite is our bread machine that we've had for over a decade. LOVE being able to make bread, or even just the dough to make bread in the oven. We've also used it for making pretzels and even jam. I know there are a lot of people that seem to acquire bread machines and never use them, but I don't think we've ever even gone a month without using ours.

Salad spinner. I like my leafy greens, and I like them dry and ready to eat like now.

That's just off the top of my head, though, if you make me think about it, then so many other appliances tie for second: grater, whisk, lemon juicer, rubber garlic peeler (shaped like a big piece of garlic). Though, most recently I got a pair of cooking chopsticks, which are larger and longer than regular chopsticks, the butt of one ends in a spoon and the other in a two-pronged fork, while the tips are silicone with molded grooves for better gripping.

I've heard that a French coffee press can also be used to church cream into whipped cream. Once I figure that trick out, I might use the coffee press all the time just not for coffee!

It used to be a blender/processor and crock pot, but the longer I live without those, the more I learn not to miss them...I should probably get new ones some day soon...

Oh this question is a no-brainer for me! My KitchenAid Stand Mixer! I am constantly amazed at all the ways it makes my cooking life easier. A mixer does so much more than just mix cookies. I can use it to shred chicken, mash potatoes, whip up fillings for casseroles and so much more. Also, let's not even get started on all the attachments that can go with it. I currently have the grater/shredder and want the pasta maker so I can try my hand at fresh noodles.

I had wanted a mixer for a long time, ever since I began to realize how much I truly enjoy cooking. I (not so subtly) hinted around to my husband for awhile and finally got one last Christmas! Needless to say, we had great desserts for dinner that day! It is not cheap by any means but it is well worth the cost! I highly recommend investing in one if you have a passion for cooking!

Mine is the electric kettle. It might seem too simple as it only does one task which is to boil water, but I find it very convenient especially since I grew up in a time when these weren't invented yet or at least maybe just not as popularized as they are now. Back then we had to boil water on a stove top and store the remaining amount in a pot, which did a good enough job of keeping hot water at the right temperature, but it was hardly as convenient of a process as just using a water kettle whenever anyone needed boiled water.

I have a mini food processor/chopper and I love the fact that I don't have to dice things in tiny pieces by hand. Its easy to use and cleans up in a jiffy.

My favourite kitchen appliance is the food processor. I use it for mincing peas, for chopping up okras, for mixing together seasonings or for chopping up onions. One of my pet peeves in the kitchen is cutting up stuff, and the food processor reduces the amount of time it takes to do these things. However, I have had to do without this appliance for a while now since it is in need of repair. I think I may have to look into buying a new one. I would have to say that my next best appliance in the kitchen is the bread toaster since I usually like my bread toasted and I use slice bread most of the time.

My dolce gusto circolo,so many pod but it's also an instant hot water machine. Can't imagine how much I've saved using this instead of Coffee shops.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 182
I love my Vitamix! Now instead of having multiple kitchen electronics I have one. I use the Vitamix to make smoothies, soups, puree fruit for sauces, I hear you can make hummus in it but that seems a little aggressive to me right now. As others have said about their favorites it is definitely an investment but when you see everything you can do with it you'll realize that in the long run you are saving money.

I love my salad shooter. I put most everything in it to shred up. It's fun, I know, weird. I put lettuce, cabbage, carrots, raddish, brussel sprouts, kale and cheese in it. It makes shredding lettuce and cheese up for tacos so easy.

First, multi-cooker. Recently I’ve bought a functional one by Redmond brand. It really helps me to serve my family with great variety of dishes I’d never cook on stove. Than sandwich maker and set of Tefal skillets.

First has to be my 3 stand mixers one Electrolux Assistant, 2 KA Stand Mixers). Second is my food processor (KA). Third is my new Shred Emulsifier.
They seem to do the most processing jobs in the kitchen! :) Electrolus Assistant Stand Mixer (Gray)..jpg
006.JPG KA 16-cups food processor..jpg 022.jpg

Simply my handheld food mixer :laugh:

I suppose I'm more of a 'baker' than anything while in the kitchen, and of course I couldn't bake much without it. Using a hand whisk or mixer in some situations is just completely out of the question!

Hi,

The most used equipment that i use is my Ken wood Chef and liquidiser. Always making cakes and soups,

Hand mixer is also a great asset, electric chopper another useful appliance, anything which is labour saving in the kitchen.

Oh, pictures. This is mine. Multi-cooker Redmond 250 with special Master chief mode
redmond_1.jpg

Last edited:
I enjoy my quesadilla maker. Whenever I am hungry, but don't really feel like taking a lengthy amount of time to prepare something delicious to eat, I will pull out my handy quesadilla maker and cook a quesadilla! It is so easy, and tastes so much better than just using the microwave. The microwave would leave my tortillas soggy or chewy. The maker will give me a crispy, gooey, and delicious quesadilla!

Back
Top Bottom