What's Your Favorite Kitchen Appliance?

I love my breadmaker. As well as making bread, I can make cakes and jam.

but I would love a slow cooker especially in the winter for making casseroles.

I didn't know you could make cakes and jam in your breadmaker - the cakes don't surprise me too much, but the jam certainly does! There's nothing like having a gadget that can take on a few extra tasks. For me, my Kitchen Aid is my best friend, although I have so many different kitchen gadgets I'd find it difficult to choose one over the other really.

I have a slow cooker that I couldn't be without, especially during the winter months. Casseroles, curries, pasta sauce, and even pulled pork and beef brisket have all given me fantastic results in mine over the years. I can definitely recommend you get one, and they aren't that expensive either. :)

Not all breadmakers allow you to make jam and you can only make 1 pot at a time, but if your able to make your own jam whenever you want, then you don't need to make 10 jars at a time do you.? Last week I picked my own blackberries, and some raspberries that are still on the canes and made a pot of blackberry and raspberry jam. Its lovely.

I have also made a ginger cake, and a coconut cake as well. It takes longer to make a cake in the breadmaker, but as your not using the main oven it doesn't matter and they taste gorgeous. Well worth it.

Not all breadmakers allow you to make jam and you can only make 1 pot at a time, but if your able to make your own jam whenever you want, then you don't need to make 10 jars at a time do you.? Last week I picked my own blackberries, and some raspberries that are still on the canes and made a pot of blackberry and raspberry jam. Its lovely.

I have also made a ginger cake, and a coconut cake as well. It takes longer to make a cake in the breadmaker, but as your not using the main oven it doesn't matter and they taste gorgeous. Well worth it.

I totally agree about being able to make one jar at a time - I don't always want to make a tonne of the stuff at a time either, so that's a good feature of your BM. You may well have changed my mind about getting a breadmaker; I've always made my own bread by hand (well, mostly by hand except for the odd time I use my stand mixer and dough hook) and have been a bit dismissive of BMs. However, they are definitely not a one-trick-pony gadget, and I think I'll take another look at some models. I don't know how I'll get it past my husband though - I have more gadgets than I have kitchen space! :rolleyes:

I totally agree about being able to make one jar at a time - I don't always want to make a tonne of the stuff at a time either, so that's a good feature of your BM. You may well have changed my mind about getting a breadmaker; I've always made my own bread by hand (well, mostly by hand except for the odd time I use my stand mixer and dough hook) and have been a bit dismissive of BMs. However, they are definitely not a one-trick-pony gadget, and I think I'll take another look at some models. I don't know how I'll get it past my husband though - I have more gadgets than I have kitchen space! :rolleyes:

Just tell him it's a must have, or don't say anything and if he asks tell him you've had it for ages, he just never noticed:D

I LOVE my juicer/mixer! I make a ton of vegetable shakes and smoothies! It is the easiest way for me to get more vegetables into my diet!

I love my actifry airfryer. I use it all the time. You only need a spoonful Of oil, and you don't get that horrible chips or fish smell that you get from a deep fat fryer., and of course it is much healthier for you as well, so it's a win win situation

001.JPG
002.JPG
001.JPG

I forgot about THIS one!

My B&D rice cooker / steamer!!

It has cooked tons of perfect rice for me in the 1-1/2 years that I've had it!! It replaces an older smaller Zojirushi unit which had fallen and broke!!
I LOVE it!! It can cook from 4 cups up to 16 cups of fluffy nice tasting rice!! :hungry:

Back
Top Bottom