What's your favorite thing to spread on toast?

I also like to make chicken salad, tuna salad & put them on toast, as well as BLT on toast!! :wink:

I also like to make chicken salad, tuna salad & put them on toast, as well as BLT on toast!! :wink:

Honestly to me, a blt that's NOT on toast is just no good. The juices just seep into the bread and it becomes soggy and unable to hold the contents together. Do you butter your toast when you make a blt?

Nutella-image-nutella-36727256-4752-3168.jpg

Nutella is my favorite thing to spread on toast. It is a wonderful chocolately treat and pairs very well with peanut butter. I think it was created in Canada if I remember correctly.

You gotta be kidding!! It's thoroughly Italian.

Honestly to me, a blt that's NOT on toast is just no good. The juices just seep into the bread and it becomes soggy and unable to hold the contents together. Do you butter your toast when you make a blt?

If you make the chicken or tuna salad a little dry enough, and don't use too much mayo, that wont happen. Trust me, I've done it many, many, many times!:wink: :stop:

I like to put butter on toast. It's got that nostalgic taste from when I was little and would over butter my toast to the point where I wasn't sure if it was toast anymore. I usually use regular butter, but if given the chance will use much sweeter brands for toast since the sweet butter compliments the crispness of the bread it's being spread on.

I like to put butter on toast. It's got that nostalgic taste from when I was little and would over butter my toast to the point where I wasn't sure if it was toast anymore. I usually use regular butter, but if given the chance will use much sweeter brands for toast since the sweet butter compliments the crispness of the bread it's being spread on.

Sweet butter? What is this novel delicacy you speak of? I've only ever seen salted and unsalted butter in every country I've been in

Sweet butter? What is this novel delicacy you speak of? I've only ever seen salted and unsalted butter in every country I've been in
sweet butter is basically just normal butter like the kinds you've seen, only there is granulated or powdered sugar added to it's ingredients in order to give it a sweet, less salty, flavor to compliment things like cinnamon toast or honey-brushed breakfast buns. It's actually pretty good for the spring too, but I don't know if it's for everyone. Some people like butter to taste like it always has.

It's either butter or marmite for me too but never together.
That's curious, they are delicious together, I shall try Marmite on toast without the butter. Do you do this for health reasons?

It's a curious thing: I've had Vegemite but never Marmite. I'm a fan of Vegemite &, honestly, there's no real reason I haven't tried Marmite. I know there's a longstanding debate over which is better but I've not chosen sides. It just seems to be out of sheer habit & availability.

No, just taste!
Marmite is something best had by itself

Definitely. I don't like the combination of marmite and butter/margarine one little bit and I'm not even too fond of it on regular sandwiches. Marmite sticks to the toast by itself so doesn't need anything extra added.

Back
Top Bottom