What's Your Favourite Herb?

Hacienda71

Guru
Local time
12:42 PM
Just thought I would ask. I have been a fan of Oregano in recent times but do love a bit of fresh Basil.

I do like spices just not as confident with combinations and what works well.

I do like spices just not as confident with combinations and what works well.
that's what I use my cookery books for!:D Mango soup is excellent at showing you how to combine anything up to 18 spices to get the best out of the 4 other ingredients in the meal (Mango soup is a veggie/vegan indian recipe book link in the forums)

Parsley - I use it in practically everything I cook, as well as in salads and on sandwiches. We grow our own, and I also keep some freeze dried on hand, just in case. I like basil as well, and I'll often put a few leaves on a sandwich made with cheese spread and sliced raw mushrooms. Lovely!

For something different: fenugreek (available dried or fresh from asian grocers) gives a great flavor to rice. Fry off onions, cumin seeds, fenugreek before adding the water for the rice.
Basil for all Italian tomato based dishes.

For something different: fenugreek (available dried or fresh from asian grocers) gives a great flavor to rice. Fry off onions, cumin seeds, fenugreek before adding the water for the rice.
Basil for all Italian tomato based dishes.

I like bush basil (Should you really call it Genovese basil?), the stuff with the smaller leaves for pesto. We grow masses of it in the summer.

I'm finding it difficult to decide! I love basil, rosemary and coriander best but no clear winner.

Basil. With tomatoes, gorgeous.
Love the smell of a Basil plant in the kitchen.

Back
Top Bottom