What's your favourite (non-electric) kitchen gadget/tool?

I think mine will have to be either my cleaver or my tongs/kitchen chopsticks haha.. I cook mainly chinese based dishes so I'm always peeling and chopping herbs, fresh vegetables, seasonings etc and I certainly love stir frying and roasting. If not those it will have to be my Bullet, since I usually use the smaller one to blend seasonings for an extra rich roast.

My favorite non-electric equipment in kitchen is my lemon squeezer. I use it daily for making detox juices and lemonades. Vegetable cutters too, it saves us a lot of time cutting the veggies. Speaking of which, I recently came across a concept model by a consumer product designer service of a garlic press. It looks like a juicer. I haven't tried that, otherwise it could have been my best kitchen equipment.

My knife!

20160611_142402.jpg

Here is my favorite.
https://www.amazon.com/SHINKODA-SK-...=UTF8&qid=1475891613&sr=8-1&keywords=Shinkoda

I had a bad experience with a mandolin slicer a couple of years back...used it without the guard (stupidly!) and sliced off the tip of my index finger! Not smart at all...so mandolin slicers or anything with a blade have me quivering in fear now!
Do not ever use a butcher knife to slice processed cheese like Velveeta.
Oh and I have cut myself more than once on a mandoline.

Back
Top Bottom